EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know you have the satin nickel assist steps on your White Diamond Enclave. From your photos they look to be a perfect match for the lower trim. Are they a "perfect" match?

My White Diamond will be delivered next week and I am considering the steps.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
259 Posts
43sbest said:
I know you have the satin nickel assist steps on your White Diamond Enclave. From your photos they look to be a perfect match for the lower trim. Are they a "perfect" match?

Thanks in advance
Yes, they appear to be seamless and look great. I saw no color match disparity at all. Need to be careful stepping off them near the door as I have caught the rubber trim with my shoe near the front of the door and dislocated it, but it snaps back easily. :thumb:

·
Registered
743 Posts
43sbest said:

Thanks in advance
I'm expecting Delivery next Tuesday, and I'v already placed my order for the Satin Nickel Assist Steps and the Rain Deflectors over the side Windows. Hopefully it will be ready when I pick it up. Good Luck with yours. 8)

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have never seen anyone use such steps on a vehicle, and I am unlikely to encounter them on a display model. Pardon my ignorance, but how exactly are they used?

I would enter the front passenger seat by putting my left leg into the floor well space, propel myself into the seat with my right leg, then lift my right leg in. In that case, I would hope that the assist steps would just stay out of my way, and it looks like the Enclave design is narrow enough to do that. Correct?

Now consider my mother with her cane confronted by the high step-in. Would she face away from the car, perhaps grab the inside assist handle, and use a heel on the assist step to get on to the seat, then swivel both legs in? Or am I missing something here?

·
Registered
743 Posts
PrairieWind said:
I have never seen anyone use such steps on a vehicle, and I am unlikely to encounter them on a display model. Pardon my ignorance, but how exactly are they used?

I would enter the front passenger seat by putting my left leg into the floor well space, propel myself into the seat with my right leg, then lift my right leg in. In that case, I would hope that the assist steps would just stay out of my way, and it looks like the Enclave design is narrow enough to do that. Correct?

Now consider my mother with her cane confronted by the high step-in. Would she face away from the car, perhaps grab the inside assist handle, and use a heel on the assist step to get on to the seat, then swivel both legs in? Or am I missing something here?
I tend to agree with you, but if you have anyone that's short i.e., Females or small kids, etc.
Actually the Enclave is low enough to the ground that you can easily get by without the Assist Steps.
I will have short people riding with me ocassionally, but I also like the Styling. They blend in very well with the Body of the Enclave.
If you will look on my Gallery at the Split Color Enclave, there's an example for you to see in case you haven't seen the Steps before. Good Luck.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have them on my current vehicle. I do not use them for entry into the vehicle. I use them to reach the top of the roof - usually when washing the vehicle. Sometimes to assist attaching items to the roof rack.

·
Registered
259 Posts
The steps are helpful getting in especially if you have a sore back. My children use it to get in all the time. One of our friends that owns a Saturn Vue went "gaga" over the running boards.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts