EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While driving, the radio/nav screen in my 2008 went blank but the radio was still on. Shut the car off and had lunch. Started car and screen came back on. Drove to local Buick dealer and have an appointment for wednesday morning. Still under warranty since I have 12 months / 12,000 mile GM certified used car. Am I alone on this issue?

·
Registered
163 Posts
My '09 has done it a few times. As long as it comes back on aftera shut off, I don't worry about it. Electronic gremlins.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
new buick man said:
My '09 has done it a few times. As long as it comes back on aftera shut off, I don't worry about it. Electronic gremlins.
I want to report it to the dealer to have it on record. Leaving on a long trip soon so I'm gonna pack the tom-tom just in case.

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
dzs3fz,

I commend you for taking it into the dealership to have this issue put on record. ;D I am interested as to what they diagnose as being the issue.

Be safe on your trip.

Sincerely,
Michelle P., Buick Customer Service

·
Premium Member
21,166 Posts
Buick Customer Service, I want to commend you, in turn, for being so attentive to the concerns of the forum members of late. We do appreciate you help, so don't stop. ;)

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK....This is good. We purchased the 2008 from a Chevy Dealer on 1/19/11. I made an appointment with the local Buick dealer to check out the nav/radio issue. So, it appears that the Chevy dealer had problems imputing the date into the computer to have the car certified. The Buick service dealer informed me that there was nothing about certification in the computer and only the selling dealership can process that. Back I went to the Chevy dealer where according to them; were fully aware of the problem and have been working on it for almost a month to resolve. Right......... Well they said they finally got the computer to accept the certification and then, back to the Buick dealer I go with the certification # in my hand. According to everyone I talked to, it takes at least 24 hours for the computer to be updated to show the certification. The Buick dealer still looked at the car and ordered a radio, (probably refurnished) and will install it as soon as it arrives and the computer is updated. They also noticed a power steering leak and will repair that at the same time. I'm frazzled. I am very satisified with the help I received from the Buick dealer. Will keep you informed as the saga continues.

·
Premium Member
21,166 Posts
The ridiculous snafu that you dealt with at the Chevy dealer seems all too endemic to the modern American worker and work ethic, or the lack thereof. ::)

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just Great.....Certification still not in the computer

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yep....Buick Dealer said he will check system later and then call me.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Replaced Nav/Radio and replaced leaking trans cooler lines. Great customer service from the Buick Dealer.

·
Premium Member
21,166 Posts
Good news about your car and the Buick dealer's attentiveness. :thumb: Hopefully you are good to go for a while now. :cheers:

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I purchased the latest Nav version and installed it just prior to our 4700 mile vacation trip out west. The Nav worked great except for one item. I'm not sure how the POI's (point of interest) get updated like gas stations, food or lodging. I noticed many exits on I40 & I44 showed no POI's but actually had them. Only a small inconvenience for us but maybe others might find this more of a problem. Have others noticed this? Too bad there isn't an on-line update.

·
Registered
283 Posts
dzs3fz said:
Replaced Nav/Radio and replaced leaking trans cooler lines. Great customer service from the Buick Dealer.
dzs3fz: You mentioned previously that the dealer noticed a power steering leak, but here you said they replaced leaking trans cooler lines. My questions are:

a) Which one was actually leaking?
b) Did you notice any fluid leak on the ground?
c) If if was indeed the trans fluid leaking, did you notice any shifting problems? My trans just went out on Saturday and there was barely any fluid on the dip-stick. I have never noticed a leak anywhere and am wondering if you experienced may be part of my issue as well.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
jayoder77 said:
dzs3fz: You mentioned previously that the dealer noticed a power steering leak, but here you said they replaced leaking trans cooler lines. My questions are:

a) Which one was actually leaking?
b) Did you notice any fluid leak on the ground?
c) If if was indeed the trans fluid leaking, did you notice any shifting problems? My trans just went out on Saturday and there was barely any fluid on the dip-stick. I have never noticed a leak anywhere and am wondering if you experienced may be part of my issue as well.
I don't know exactly which one was leaking but found a small amount on the garage floor...probably 4-5 drops

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2018 Enclave and my informat screen just started going off on me and sometimes it comes back on. It still plays radio and camera works just in a very light mode. It almost makes me thing thre's a short inside the dash somewhere. When I get time, taking to dealer to assess.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2018 Enclave and my informat screen just started going off on me and sometimes it comes back on. It still plays radio and camera works just in a very light mode. It almost makes me thing thre's a short inside the dash somewhere. When I get time, taking to dealer to assess.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just posted about similar but worse issue with my 2014 infotainment system. It turns on and off but radio/CD etc do not work at all. Sound of turn indicator likewise goes on and off. The constant on/off straining of the CD player is annoying. No GM dealer anywhere near. Closest is 89 miles away.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts