EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife was doing some detailing on our Enclave yesterday and when you open the rear doors and look at the frame where the door would seal against the frame there are numerous scratches and scuffs. It would be to the right if you looked down when the doors are open. It is not from someone entering and exiting the vehicle because it would be impossible to get your foot that high to cause damage and it is identical on both sides of the vehicle. Anyone else notice something like this? It goes into the shop for its 3000 mile change nest Thursday and I informed the dealer about it but they have not seen this problem before. I looked all around both doors and cannot see anything that would cause the friction to do this to the paint. I am wondering if there isn't some door sag when it is closing vausing the "rub". I know there was a post a few weeks ago about doors not aligining properly and am curious if anyone who had that problem could look inside the frame to see if they have any scratches. Im not talking a few scratches, Im talking about a 3 inch long area that is very noticeable when you look at it. Thanks!

·
Registered
466 Posts
scratches . try Maguires scratch X - maybe the door moving on the rubbers?

I was more impressed with you statement of

" My wife was doing some detailing on our Enclave " :cheers: where do you find these - GM option????

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL...I was waiting for comment on that and for someone to have fun with i ;)....She is a keeper I cant complain, besides its her car she needs to know what it is about ;)....Im uncertain what is causing it, I was thinking maybe dirt catching on the rubber and scratching it but that seems way too simple!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Found my neighbor's wife (well I guess she is also my neighbor) outside over waxing her car! I asked her what she was doing and she said "cleaning and waxing my car, it looks like crap!" Then I told her "God Bless You". I went inside and mentioned it to my wife and she said "now why would I go and do that when I have you? Besides, you would complain I wasn't doing it properly!" Correctly said of course ;D

Regarding the scratches, we do not have them on ours and we are in snowy, sandy, dirty winter around here. Maybe kids dragging something dirty into the vehicle? Sand/salt or grit on the seal itself...that would do it in a hurry I would think?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts