EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've had my Enclave for 1 year now and I love all but one part!

Since day one, the seat track on the driver's side doesn't slide forward and back smoothly. It doesn't make a ginding noise, but when moving the seat through what is probably midway on the track you can feel what appears to be a gear alignement problem. I've checked the track and it's definitely not a track issue or impediment on the track.

I took it to the dealer (a friend owns the dealership) immediate after the purchase and they said nothing could be done. The issue is it's ruining my ownership experience becausee I'm reminded of the problem every time I get in the vehicle after my wife has driven it (I need to move the seat).

Has anyone else had this problem? I did a search on the forum and didn't see anything similar. Any advice?

thanks

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
creeman,

I just had mine in last week for this same issue and was told they have to put at least 250 pounds on the seat and go back and forth at least 30 times to burnish the track. If you have yours a year and it just happened, id assume it is defective. BTW, they put a 300 pound tech in the seat and it stil isn't fixed, they are ordering parts! There is definitely a TSB regarding this issue as it is also happening on Suburbans.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I've been getting the grinding noise since day one and it's only been only a month with less than 1000 so far. i was going to wait until my first service to ask the dealer.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I also have this issue with my vehicle. My wife mentioned it to me when she first drove it. My dealership is looking up the TSB for this and ordering the parts now. This forum has helped me tremendously in working though issues at the dealership.
Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
to follow up on my previous post, they once again put the BIG tech in the seat and BAM, it is fixed no more grinding or felling like the seat is shifting on the track.....

·
Registered
114 Posts
So it seems that you need a 300+ pound individual to sit in the seat and run it back and forth? If it works it works, but I might have a problem finding someone big enough who would agree to sit in the seat for me, LOL Or I could start eating twinkies and other junk food and do it myself after a while.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
lol, they will have something at the dealership to put in the seat equivalent to the weight necessary...human or not!

·
Registered
159 Posts
GSEREP1,

Whereabouts you located? I have a 300+ weight on my tracks every time I move them. If your close enough I'd be glad to help you out for a piece of chocolate cake or the equivalent.

Just Driftin

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
PAPoPo said:
to follow up on my previous post, they once again put the BIG tech in the seat and BAM, it is fixed no more grinding or felling like the seat is shifting on the track.....
Hey, 2 in-a-seat can be fun also, no?? 300 lbs easy. Think I'll call the wife! ;)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Sounds like fun, Smokin'....(for you). I think it is wise to say that being snuggled in a seat with your honey is fun. SMART MAN!

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
GSEREP1 said:
Sounds like fun, Smokin'....(for you). I think it is wise to say that being snuggled in a seat with your honey is fun. SMART MAN!
No, just well trained! ;) ;D
If I say another word, a Mod will put us in Way-Off-topics!!! Axiama has those hand-cuffs, you know ::)

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
to those who still have the issue mine has been acting up again. dealer ordered a whole new seat rail as it is redesigned for the 09.....go figure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts