EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm waiting to order my Enclave until the second-row center console becomes available. Does anyone know when it will be available?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
late august/mid september :-\

·
Registered
577 Posts
I think it was mentioned as Aug 27 for the start.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info!! I'll have to head to my dealer within the next couple of weeks, I guess. Purple plum, here I come!!! :hyper:

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
MsS42 said:
late august/mid september :-\
I heard there's another delay in Detroit! (possibly 2 months!) Car magazines say NVH (noise, vibration,harshness) are the issues w/ the console as it's bolted to floor! I just found out that the foldable armrests are deleted with 2nd row console!! Yes I know console takes place, somewhat, but that would be a deal-breaker for me! Still cup holders on bottom of front console and doors! We love the rear buckets w/o console as access to 3rd row is really convenient. Just IMO w/ 2700 miles. ;D

·
Registered
743 Posts
Has anyone heard or read anything on the 2nd Row Console lately ?

·
Registered
360 Posts
It is shown as an option in the GMC "Build your Acadia" web site. Less than $300 I believe. Have not seen it on the Buick site last time I checked.
I still think that unless you REALLY need the storage space, a person would better off without it. But, that is just my opinion. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Yes, it looks pretty classy, but unless you almost never use the third row(not us), it would impede passage. It will be interesting to see how popular it is once it is available.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Saw this one the Donlen Corporation production updates web site (on the Enclave) last night:

"Center row console DK1, may increase lead time by 2 to 4 weeks or more, new option introduction"

So it looks like it is now an option, but may increase waiting time. There are now 4 key production listings for the Enclave. All of which will increase your waiting time if you order..........

·
Registered
743 Posts
I would give anything to have it. I probably would use the Third Row Seats about once per year, if that often. I'll see what I can do about the Console but it's probably too late since my Build date was this past week.
Thanks for the Info.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Today I called 1 800 4 A Buick 3 times and asked the same question - when can I order an Enclave with the 2nd row console? All three times the consumer relations person said tomorrow, September 29, 2007 is the first day you can order one for a production date of late October 2007 and delivery several weeks thereafter. When I called the dealer, the sales person said his contact at GM told him production would not begin until late October. He did not know if he had the new pricing module loaded to order. I will call again tomorrow to see.

BTW - when I have called in the past, I was given the date of September 27th as the first order date. So it seems they have been fairly accurate.

·
Registered
32 Posts
carguy9 said:
Today I called 1 800 4 A Buick 3 times and asked the same question - when can I order an Enclave with the 2nd row console? All three times the consumer relations person said tomorrow, September 29, 2007 is the first day you can order one for a production date of late October 2007 and delivery several weeks thereafter. When I called the dealer, the sales person said his contact at GM told him production would not begin until late October. He did not know if he had the new pricing module loaded to order. I will call again tomorrow to see.

BTW - when I have called in the past, I was given the date of September 27th as the first order date. So it seems they have been fairly accurate.
It's a good sign if you order this week and have your car in 7 (or so) weeks, center console or not. Maybe things are turning the corner.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ordering Oct 11th, with second row console. Dealer told me 13 to 14 weeks for delivery. Still restraints on Luxury package and he said second row console.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Dealer confirmed - they have the new pricing module to order the car with the 2nd row console. Going to pull the trigger this Friday - should have the car just in time for the 2009's.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Currently trying to order with second row console. Buick when you call customer service says it's available for order. But the dealer I am dealing with says they still cannot put the order in the system. They say the computer will still not allow them to place the order.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My Dealership told me this week that they are being told November now for ordering second row console. Has anyone else been told this or any other information on when it will be available?

·
Registered
509 Posts
tstew737 said:
My Dealership told me this week that they are being told November now for ordering second row console. Has anyone else been told this or any other information on when it will be available?
Yep, I just saw this update somewhere else...and was going to post, to see if anyone had been told of yet another delay by their dealer yet. I can't find it now, but there was a note, and a date in November for the delay. Almost seems like it might never start, at least not this year.

This link, which was updated September 27th, doesn't have the date, but just says hold:

http://www.arifleet.com/Production2007/production0927.html

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks for the information, doesn't sound good for the console. We are going to wait until the end of the year and then make a decision. Ifs it not offered by then we will order without I guess.

·
Registered
103 Posts
The center console is now available. I ordered mine with it on Friday, 10/5 - its on the order form print out as option code DK1. Description is as follows:
CONSOLDE, SECOND ROW ARMREST, includes cup holders and storage (requires (ABB) 7-passenger seating.

MSRP is $250 and GMS price is $200, with invoice somewhere between. The trick is to make sure you are dealing with a dealer that has the updated pricing module.

Ordered it with everything, CXL, AWD, Red Jewel, Titanium, with all options - MSRP of $45,385 and GMS price of $40,432. Dealer guessed the delivery would not be until 8 to 12 weeks. I am starting an over/under with the line being 12 weeks. Smart money is taking the over.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Carguy9 were are you located at, what dealer? I will call him Monday, Maybe he can help my dealer. I have called 3 different dealers here in the San Antonio area and they all told me they could not order.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts