EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

Second Row Console News

5K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  zman 
#1 ·
I placed a call to the Buick Marketing Support telephone number

800-422-8425

today and asked about the optional equipment for the Enclave.

The 2nd row console is scheduled to be available for order starting sometime in August.
The console must be ordered with the vehicle and can not be retro-fitted at a later date.
Any orders placed now before the option is available can not be equipped with the console.
If you want the console you must place your order later in August after the console is available for order.

This information is directly from the Buick Marketing Support person I spoke to today.

#2 ·
Thank you for this information. I called the same number you did at Buiick and they said the second row console would be available unofficially sometime in August. But I did not get the rest of the info out of them that you did. My dealer has my deposit and is waiting to order until the console is available. I really want the console. Thank you for your efforts in getting this info!

#3 ·
Does anyone know if it is possible to add the second row console to an order for an Enclave that has not been built or about to be built?

#5 ·
Depending on the Order Status Code it should be possible.
It may however cause a longer delay in getting your new Enclave. Actually, since it can't be ordered until later in August it will definitely add a delay. The dealership will probably have to cancel the existing order and place a new one in August to keep your order from progressing forward and being built without the console.

The order has to include the console and the order can't include the console until sometime in August.

I hope that helps.

#6 ·
whatif,

i have asked this question several times what are the functions of the center console other than cup holders and storage, will it have a hot/cold function or what?

#8 ·
Great site guys (and gals).

I called the Buick marketing team just recently - week of 8/23 - and they told me the date for center console availability has been pushed to September. When I asked the question, the person I was talking to had access to the information readily. Reason why this is interesting is when I called in July, it took the person on the other end several minutes to get the info (she had to call several other folks at the office). Seems this is a fairly popular question. I too have a deposit with my dealer and am waiting to place the order once the pricing module at the dealer has the option of the center row console.

#10 ·
I would feel better if I had a specific date. Sept is ok but rather than wait until Oct, I'd rather do without it and get my Enclave ASAP. I've waited too long already. 8)

#12 ·
For those who have opted to skip the center console to have the arm rests, do you plan on adding an aftermarket console? If so, what have you purchased? Pictures would be great. Any information on what or where to purchase one would be helpful for me.

#13 ·
This is absolutely unacceptable! How could GM be so stupid as to picture the interior of the Enclave with the center console in the second row and not have it be available for this long. I am the VP of Sales for a large, public, consumer products company and one thing you learn is never, ever postpone a sale. Everyone - and I mean everyone in the company works around the clock to hit a launch date. If not, the competition will, leaving you out of a sale. Let's face it - the Enclave is a nice car, but it is not the only car out there like this. Sure it has nice features, but so do the others. To handle it the way they have is a real amateur move and someone should be severly punished. At GM, the person/team that was responsible for this decision will likely be rewarded. In my company, this team would get a one way ticket to the village idiot convention.

An easy option would be to allow consumers (GM's bosses) to order the cars without arm rests in the center row, charge for the console and have it installed subsequent to delivery. This way, the customer has been captured, the sale is closed and the competition is locked out of the purchase. With rumors now running into October (which may move to November and December), I am ready to give up on this car and get something else.

Pure stupidity - GM - You should be ashamed of yourselves. I really wanted to buy an American made car, but the very company I was trying to support is forcing me to buy overseas. I am going to start checking out the Acura, Benz and others. Enough is enough.

Good bye GM - you deserve everything you bring upon yourselves.

#14 ·
msinchats said:
This is absolutely unacceptable! How could GM be so stupid as to picture the interior of the Enclave with the center console in the second row and not have it be available for this long. I am the VP of Sales for a large, public, consumer products company and one thing you learn is never, ever postpone a sale. Everyone - and I mean everyone in the company works around the clock to hit a launch date. If not, the competition will, leaving you out of a sale. Let's face it - the Enclave is a nice car, but it is not the only car out there like this. Sure it has nice features, but so do the others. To handle it the way they have is a real amateur move and someone should be severly punished. At GM, the person/team that was responsible for this decision will likely be rewarded. In my company, this team would get a one way ticket to the village idiot convention.

An easy option would be to allow consumers (GM's bosses) to order the cars without arm rests in the center row, charge for the console and have it installed subsequent to delivery. This way, the customer has been captured, the sale is closed and the competition is locked out of the purchase. With rumors now running into October (which may move to November and December), I am ready to give up on this car and get something else.

Pure stupidity - GM - You should be ashamed of yourselves. I really wanted to buy an American made car, but the very company I was trying to support is forcing me to buy overseas. I am going to start checking out the Acura, Benz and others. Enough is enough.

I agree with you. I mentioned that to the GM Rep today, and he said that there would not be a aftermarket Console probably because of the Seats and the Wiring. I mentioned perhaps a Private Company would probably come up with something.

#15 ·
msinchats said:

Ok now tell us what you really think! :beer:

#16 ·
msinchats said:

I feel sorry for you ???, you just can't please everyone.

#17 ·
msinchats said:

My only comment is that if they feel the feature is not ready, then good for them for not throwing it into vehicles. The rumor is that it has something to do with trying to dampen noise issues with the console.

Now if we want to criticize their marketing folks for showing something that was not available, then that is another discussion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.