EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped by the bank the other day and ran to the ATM. When I went to get back in the 2014 Enclave it wouldn't crank. The display read "Service Securty System Needed". WTF??? I just bought this thing less than two weeks ago. I tried unlocking a re-locking the doors with the FOB. Tried manually locking the doors and unlocking. Made sure all the doors and lift gate were closed completely. I finally went online on my phone and found a way to reset it, open the driver door, hold the lock button down until it locks, close the door, unlock with the FOB and wait 10 seconds.
It worked but I'm worried theirs a bigger problem that caused this. I've done a search and cannot find any other mentions of this. I'm curious if anyone has had this happen or has any ideas?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nothing? No one?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
UPDATE: For anyone who's read this post. After getting stranded at a friends house Friday night for over two hours, Saturday morning I called the dealership where I purchased the vehicle. I explained that I understand I bought a used vehicle AS-IS with only a powertrain warranty. I also explained that I've had the Enclave less than a month and I can't afford to start paying electrical repairs. They agreed to have me drop the car off Tuesday and give me a loaner while it is fixed at no charge.
So far I am very pleased with Rick Hendrick!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I picked up my Enclave Saturday. The only thing they found was a broke wire under the seat which typically controls the airbag. After they repaired that they said they couldn't get it to repeat the problem. Hopefully that had something to do with the security system and now it's fixed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
1 Participant
braddunagan
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing