EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all -

Couple days ago I was changing the oil and noticed a small pool of coolant under my 2014 enclave. Didn’t seem to bother anything so I topped off the coolant reservoir (it was a little low) and haven’t worried about it.
Today when driving I noticed the temp was hotter than normal. Normal is 210 but it was running about 235 (notch above 210).
This worried me but when I started driving again the temp dropped to 210 and was steady for a while. When stopped the temp raises again but now only gets to slightly above 210 mark.

I am thinking water pump going out but not sure. Thoughts? Not sure how safe it is before I need to actually figure out what’s wrong and fix. It’s not hitting the hot hot limits but it’s hotter than normal.

·
Registered
6,933 Posts
it sounds like youre leaking coolant.
Creating air pockets.
When you come to a stop- less coolant is getting circulated along with air pockets.

read this thread- where to look to spot a water pump leak

·
Registered
6,933 Posts
I have replaced 2 water pumps on my 2010 traverse. (177,000 miles)
1 pump on my 3.6 equinox (108,000)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello all -

Couple days ago I was changing the oil and noticed a small pool of coolant under my 2014 enclave. Didn’t seem to bother anything so I topped off the coolant reservoir (it was a little low) and haven’t worried about it.
Today when driving I noticed the temp was hotter than normal. Normal is 210 but it was running about 235 (notch above 210).
This worried me but when I started driving again the temp dropped to 210 and was steady for a while. When stopped the temp raises again but now only gets to slightly above 210 mark.

I am thinking water pump going out but not sure. Thoughts? Not sure how safe it is before I need to actually figure out what’s wrong and fix. It’s not hitting the hot hot limits but it’s hotter than normal.
[/QUOTE
It might be the thermostat failing. This used to be a cheap fix but the Enclave is a little trickier. It’s suggested you buy the whole thermostat housing to make it easier and faster. You should buy this from GM so you get an exact fit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts