EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Based on the phenomenal growth of all our forums, we will be moving from the shared hosting platform we've been using to a new Virtual Dedicated Server over the next week or so. The good news is, this should give us even more forum speed and performance and will give me much more detailed control over the server so I'll be able to further tweak back end stuff moving forward.

The (small) downside is, when it comes time to move the database portion, there will be a window where the forum will not be accessible. If all goes smoothly, I'm hoping this will only be a few hours. Rest assured that this is an upgrade and that these minor issues will give us much more room to grow in the years to come. I'll be rolling the migration over one forum at a time and will post a note on each when I know the specific date / time the move will happen.

Other than the downtime, there will be no change to end users. The url stays the same and everything will look identical. I'm just giving you guys some advance notice so it doesn't come as a total shock the day of the move :) Hopefully I don't break anything in the process. Wish me luck! lol

thanks,
admin

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
:thumb:

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Members, just a heads up that this forum is up next on the server migration schedule. I'll be moving content today and later this evening, the forum will be locked temporarily while the database is migrated. The downtime will most like be less than an hour, but between teat time and DNS propagation, I can't guarantee that new posts won't get lost as some members see the old database while others see the new one. I'll do my best to minimize that window though.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Better alert Sailfish - she's liable to have the jitters and shakes if she can't get in! :happy: :happy: :veryhappy:

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
rockyp said:
Better alert Sailfish - she's liable to have the jitters and shakes if she can't get in! :happy: :happy: :veryhappy:
HAHAHAHAHA I already know about the move. Hey did you miss me when I was on vacation over the weekend? I sure did miss you....and the others of course. ;)

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Has the great migration occurred yet? I just got online and noticed the warning from a few hours ago. :scared :

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Sailfish said:
HAHAHAHAHA I already know about the move. Hey did you miss me when I was on vacation over the weekend? I sure did miss you....and the others of course. ;)
Of course I missed you, but I knew you were vacationing, so wasn't worried.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Sailfish said:
You're the one with the Outlook, right? ;D

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
You're the one with the Outlook, right? ;D
;) Yep I WAS the one with the Outlook, of as you so famously dubbed it "outhouse", with the built in swimming pool. ;D

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Hey Admin...forgot to ask has the move been accomplished?

If so.....congrats! :cheers:

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not yet, had a work emergency come up last night :(

I've moved the content but not the database. It's going to happen tonight though... be prepared! :)

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
:comfort: :mope: :yikes:

Okay I am ready. :shrug:

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OK, one down, one to go in the morning. I'm too tired to continue :)

This site has a separate database just for the gallery.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
We appreciate your fine effort. These forums are so nicely formatted and smoothly operating that I can tell that you always put a lot of thought and effort into them. :)

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
+1 Agree! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
+2 Bravo!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts