EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, after last month's dead battery due to a faulty computer module, I went to start the Enclave after work today and the "Service Airbag" warning came on, Guess I'll be checking with the dealer tomorrow to get it in, I've seen there may have been a recall, nationally 1 failed in August, 2 in September. Sigh, my dad always told me never buy the first year model.... :(

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Amend that, now a dead battery, module must have drained it overnight. Airbag sensor module must have been what died last month but they never told me what computer module was bad. Sheesh, 2 dead batterys in a month on a 4 month old car.....

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Ryck said:
Amend that, now a dead battery, module must have drained it overnight. Airbag sensor module must have been what died last month but they never told me what computer module was bad. Sheesh, 2 dead batterys in a month on a 4 month old car.....
I would be very frustrated also! But high tech machinery has problems at times. I hear that the Space Shuttle aborted many lift-offs recently. And you know what MSRP was on that!!?? Plus they have a few more techs than Buick has. And no Conquest cash! ;) :D

They'll fix her and you'll be "flying " soon! :thumb:

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm not clear on what you're writing. My "Service Airbag" warning came on and then turned off spontaneously. The Buick dealer serviced it yesterday and confirmed that the error code did happen. He said he followed a protocol and found no faults. Are you saying there may be a recall regarding this?

Jay
Enclave CLX awd

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
The Airbag lite SHOULD come on when you first turn the key. It's a lite bulb test! Then it goes out. But the sensor should not be on when driving, other than to say Air bag OFF, (I think that's the wording) if no one is actually sitting in the front passenger seat!

If you see "Service air bag" while driving, as it seems RYCK did.............Dealer!

·
Registered
35 Posts
After 10 months and over 11,000 miles of fun filled trouble free driving, my SERVICE AIR BAG message has come on. Did it once last week so I stopped and turned off the ignition, then restarted it did not come back on. However last night it came on again and I checked it this morning and it still comes on so I will be going for service as soon as the dealer can look at it.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Smokin SRX said:
I would be very frustrated also! But high tech machinery has problems at times. I hear that the Space Shuttle aborted many lift-offs recently. And you know what MSRP was on that!!?? Plus they have a few more techs than Buick has. And no Conquest cash! ;) :D

They'll fix her and you'll be "flying " soon! :thumb:
And don't forget......just like the Space Shuttle, the Enclave was built from parts that came from the low bidder :eyebrow:

·
Registered
35 Posts
As stated this is the SERVICE AIR BAG message on the vehicle, not the light that comes on when you first start up. This message stays on the Driver Information Center display and is not a part of the bulb check. Will take it to the dealer to see if there are any error codes on the computer and have them check it out.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
OK, our Enclave is now doing this intermittently. I need to call the dealer tomorrow.

Does anyone know if something like this throws a code that the dealer can pull or will we need to take it in when the warning is actually on? Additionally, would OnStar, which we've never needed, be of any use when the warning comes on? Can they retrieve information that may be useful to the dealer?

I feel like a noob here since we have had so few issues.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
21,166 Posts
zman, you are lucky to be among the trouble-free Enclave owners. I would guess that a code would show up, but OnStar often seems unable to detect them in many cases based on what some have posted on this forum. It can't hurt to try OnStar when your warning light comes on next time.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
When I had a check engine light occur in my 07 Denali, I called On-Star and they told me the exact code and what it meant. Shouldn't be any different on the Enclave.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Fixed!!!

It took about an hour. Work order says "RE-ROUTE SIR SEAT HARNESS PER T.S.B. 08-09-41-011A. CLEARED CODE."

I hope it stays that way.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Happen to me this morning, take it to the dealer and same fix:

"RE-ROUTE SIR SEAT HARNESS PER T.S.B. 08-09-41-011A. CLEARED CODE."

·
Registered
6 Posts
Same issue. Dealer fixed it this morning. Service Bulletin 080941011B - "Repair wiring for seat mounted side airbag per TSB"

·
Premium Member
21,166 Posts
Does nayone know if this something that will affect only certain cars built during a certain manufacturing VIN range, or is this something that may potentially affect any Enclave due to faulty design? ???

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
Does nayone know if this something that will affect only certain cars built during a certain manufacturing VIN range, or is this something that may potentially affect any Enclave due to faulty design? ???
I don't know. I never saw the TSB to see what range of VIN's might be affected.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts