EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Gabyalexolivas said:
I just purchased a 2014 Enclave and i absolutely LOVE it. But just last week the service air bag turned on and i have no idea why. i'm not sure if its under warranty. the Buick dealership that is by my house wants to charge me $50 just to look at it. but it seems that alot of poeple are having issues with this. is it something that you guys can help me with. please me me know
We are happy to hear you are enjoying your Enclave, Gabyalexolivas. However, we regret to hear you are currently experiencing a concern with your air bag light. We would be glad to check your vehicle information for any applicable warranties. If this is something of interest to you, please feel free to send us a private message with your VIN.

Best,

Cristina
Buick Customer Care

·
Registered
1 Posts
My service airbag message has been going on and off for a couple weeks now. How do I check for recalls or warranties for this? Enclave 2014

·
Registered
10 Posts
Same issue here... 2014 Enclave Premium. Out of warranty... Service Airbag light just started coming on.

Just researched it and there's no Recall for 2014 on it... but there is a TSB. Soooo... essentially it's a known issue, just not known enough to offer a recall. :(

Date Reported
NOVEMBER 01, 2014

NHTSA Reference

TSB Reference
#PI-1357

Description: BUICK/GMC/CHEVROLET: A MESSAGE IS DISPLAYED IN DRIVER INFORMATION CENTER (DIC), SERVICE AIR BAG, AND AIRBAG LIGHT ON WITH MANY CODES, COULD BE CAUSED BY HIGH RESISTANCE AND CRIMPING OF TERMINALS. MODEL 2014-15 ENCLAVE, TRAVERSE, ACADIA.
May try my hand at it...

·
Registered
448 Posts
Might just be a loose connector under front passenger seat foot well side. Mine acts up if I move the seat back and forth. The wiring is too short. I just push the connector together and it always goes away. The fix from the dealer is to cut out the connector and solder together the wiring. Yes it is known . If you sit in the passenger front seat its on your left in front near were the seat bolts to the floor.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Might just be a loose connector under front passenger seat foot well side. Mine acts up if I move the seat back and forth. The wiring is too short. I just push the connector together and it always goes away. The fix from the dealer is to cut out the connector and solder together the wiring. Yes it is known . If you sit in the passenger front seat its on your left in front near were the seat bolts to the floor.

Thanks a lot for this thread, I started to get the message today "Service Air Bag", I checked under the passenger seat, there are, as mentioned, some connectors, one of them was disconnected, somehow with the plastic tab broken, some electrical tape and a zip tie to put it together and problem fixed, these are some pictures of the connector in case it helps.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
18 Participants
etraud
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing