EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past weekend I cleaned out the inside of my 2014 Buick Enclave (vacuuming seats and under seats, cleaning and spraying leather protect on seats, etc). When I started the car afterwards the "Service Air Bag" notice came on the Driver Information Center (DIC) and the red icon for an air bag issue came on. Any idea what I might have done and how to fix it? I really don't want to take it to the dealer (not under warranty). Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
574 Posts
You likely knocked the airbag plug loose under one of the seats. Look around under there for any disconnected harnesses or broken wires.

·
Registered
27 Posts
A code reader that will access your air bag module would also be a big plus. It would tell you which air bag is crying for attention and you will need it to turn the light out once you make the repair or reconnect whatever came loose.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked all the connections under the seats but nothing was loose. I also tried moving the wires around and moving the seats back and forth but am still getting the same message. I stopped at Autozone and they let me use their reader but there were no codes.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Auto zone's code reader will not access the air bag module. You will need a scanner that will specifically access GM's air bag (SRS) module. Even if moving the wires around under the seat fixed your problem you will still need a GM SRS capable scanner to turn off the light. The air bag lights will not turn themselves off. Modern cars have several different computer modules, SRS, ABS, (brake) Engine, Body, Transmission etc. The only module the average cheap scanner will read is the engine module. If you have an air bag light lit you most certainly have an air bag code you just need a scanner that will read it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This past weekend I cleaned out the inside of my 2014 Buick Enclave (vacuuming seats and under seats, cleaning and spraying leather protect on seats, etc). When I started the car afterwards the "Service Air Bag" notice came on the Driver Information Center (DIC) and the red icon for an air bag issue came on. Any idea what I might have done and how to fix it? I really don't want to take it to the dealer (not under warranty). Thanks!
There is a recall on this issue. Please check with recall center. I have this same problem and someday I will take to dealer on the recall. In the meantime if I run the passenger power seat all the ways to the front it will reset light and I don't worry about code in computer if its still there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts