EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I recently bought my wife a 09 Enclave and the dash says service air bag and the check engine light is on. Ive read alittle about it possibly being a sensor under the power seats that gets screwed up from the seats moving. Has anyone dealt with this issue?

Attachments

·
Registered
368 Posts
Have the codes read with a scanner not code reader and you will get and post here the codes. Code reader will only read engine codes but not body,chassis,ABS, (SDM airbag system) or other system codes.

·
Registered
2014 Buick Enclave
8 Posts
I've got the same issue, however, mine comes on intermittent. I have a 2014 Enclave. Just started in the last couple days.

·
Registered
2015 Enclave Leather.
713 Posts
Not so much the sensor but the yellow connector can get loose connections when the seat is moved.

·
Registered
1 Posts
... dash says service air bag and the check engine light is on.
My 2008 Enclave CXL recently acquired does not have check engine light, but does have service air bag -- I think for passenger side. On a dealer work order from prior owner, it says something incredible like four grand to replace.
redvett says Have the codes read with a scanner not code reader
I assume that a scanner is a GM dealer function? Not the usual code reader that a parts store like AutoZone plugs in under the dash and can give you a printout of the results. And can clear the check-engine light if it's not something you are going to deal with at the time. Please advise, redvett. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
574 Posts
Doesn't necessarily have to be a dealer scan tool but it's got to be a higher end scanner with the module to read GM airbag codes. Autozone/Advance etc will not be able to read it, but there's a good chance a good independent shop would.

I have the expensive VAGCOM cable and software to read every system on my Audi S5 because I love that car and will likely replace it with something else from the Audi family many, many years from now. I've never bothered to get any of the GM specific stuff for the Enclave because chances are I'll leave the GM brand when I trade this car (the new Enclave does not impress me at all compared to the Kia Telluride). I did pickup up a GM TPMS reset tool since I have snows on separate rims and swap twice a year but that was only $16 (and now they're only $10).

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had my seat out and the yellow connector is clean and solidly connected. I think the problem is with the pass seat belt smart sensor possibly from sunroof water leakage. This OEM sensor is extremely expensive for the replacement part. I am considering the aftermarket airbag360 solution link pasted below which has the airbag always activated. These smart sensors appear to be a common problem on many vehicles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts