EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My wifes 2011 Buick enclave cxl was making a horrible death wobble from the rear when making sharp turns especially in close parking - I changed the differential assembly reusing the original clutch ASSY, torque tube and differential module. The noises went away but now I get the service all wheel drive message. I changed the battery because it was old and I have put the car on a lift and all four wheels turn like normal...I would not care too much cause you push the check button on the dash and the message goes away-problem is the car will not pass inspection because it will not communicate with the inspection machine. WHY THE LIGHT? help please...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well i was hoping to get some help here-maybe someone can tell me???is it true that it takes 40 successful trips before that service awd message on the dash goes away on its own???

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
I dont know how many it takes to clear the message.
I do know, that when certain CEL codes are set, they will go away, when the computer runs its check.
The checks vary. Some only run when certain parameters are met. (Example- engine is cold, speed is XX mph, etc).
But you say the vehicle will not communicate with the machine.
Are your cig lighter/power ports in the front working?

I believe the power ports and the OBD port- share the same fuse. If its blown- the OBD port will not have power on the power pin.

·
Super Moderator
659 Posts
My guess is you have a couple different problems going on here.

1. When you changed the diff assembly something didn't go back together right or a sensor was left disconnected or was damaged. That's why you're getting the service AWD message. That's not part of OBD2 though and would not set a CEL.

2. Something is wrong with your OBD2 port. Maybe a bad pin, maybe no power as rbarrios mentioned, but something that I doubt is at all related to your AWD issues is stopping the car from communicating with the inspection machine. I assume it also won't talk to an OBD2 code reader? If you don't have one I'd get one just to help with troubleshooting what's going on there. They're really cheap now and every DIYer should own one.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My guess is you have a couple different problems going on here.

1. When you changed the diff assembly something didn't go back together right or a sensor was left disconnected or was damaged. That's why you're getting the service AWD message. That's not part of OBD2 though and would not set a CEL.

2. Something is wrong with your OBD2 port. Maybe a bad pin, maybe no power as rbarrios mentioned, but something that I doubt is at all related to your AWD issues is stopping the car from communicating with the inspection machine. I assume it also won't talk to an OBD2 code reader? If you don't have one I'd get one just to help with troubleshooting what's going on there. They're really cheap now and every DIYer should own one.
I have no problem communicating with everything i have-just the **** state inspection machine dosent...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have no problem communicating with everything i have-just the **** state inspection machine dosent...
I dont know how many it takes to clear the message.
I do know, that when certain CEL codes are set, they will go away, when the computer runs its check.
The checks vary. Some only run when certain parameters are met. (Example- engine is cold, speed is XX mph, etc).
But you say the vehicle will not communicate with the machine.
Are your cig lighter/power ports in the front working?

I believe the power ports and the OBD port- share the same fuse. If its blown- the OBD port will not have power on the power pin.
no power problems and scanners communicate..just the service awd mssg and state inspection machine not fkng communicating!

·
Registered
2015 Enclave Leather.
800 Posts
Do you have your own scanner? If you can get access to one, try doing the ABS system check, that may tell you if you have a wheel sensor which is bad.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do you have your own scanner? If you can get access to one, try doing the ABS system check, that may tell you if you have a wheel sensor which is bad.
thanks for that-no abs codes and traction control system is fine-its as if the message is telling me the rear clutch is not engaging yet you can hear it when you put it in gear and the rear wheels do turn...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts