EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there! New member to the forum, but I've been reading posts for a couple weeks.

So, we bought a used 2014 enclave premium and I put just under 100 miles on it when my Traction control turned off, "service Traction control" and " service Stabilitrak" indicators are on the display. The car will operate, but I cannot accelerate especially going up a hill without car shaking/ transmission slipping??? Indicators usually go off when the car is turned off for a few minutes, but comes back on during my drive at some random moment.

Based on our research, here's what we've tried so far:

Replaced All 4 wheel speed sensors
Cleaned wheel hubs
Replaced brake pedal sensor,
Replaced maf
Replaced throttle body,
Replaced pcv valve,
Checked some of the grounds,
Disconnected/reconnected battery

We've been reading and researching and are at a loss as to what else to try. There are no codes being thrown, so no help there. Any additional ideas??? Thanks so much for any insight.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there! New member to the forum, but I've been reading posts for a couple weeks.

So, we bought a used 2014 enclave premium and I put just under 100 miles on it when my Traction control turned off, "service Traction control" and " service Stabilitrak" indicators are on the display. The car will operate, but I cannot accelerate especially going up a hill without car shaking/ transmission slipping??? Indicators usually go off when the car is turned off for a few minutes, but comes back on during my drive at some random moment.

Cleaned wheel hubs
Replaced maf
Replaced throttle body,
Replaced pcv valve,

We've been reading and researching and are at a loss as to what else to try. There are no codes being thrown, so no help there. Any additional ideas??? Thanks so much for any insight.
This occurred to me while on vacation and would randomly make the car run horrible. Shutting the car off and restarting occasionally helped reset something so that I could get home. For my case it ended up being some type of steering wheel position sensor I believe. Mine was under warranty so I never attempted to diagnose but seems that it should have thrown a code. That is odd.

·
Registered
2015 Enclave Leather.
776 Posts
Did you re teach the Throttle body and calibrate the Brake Pedal Position sensor? These things need to be done for a complete installation of those components.
Some members have attributed the issues to a bad engine compartment fuse box.
Check your brake fluid level, make sure it is up to the line.
Alignment good? bad alignment can generate the messages as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Cleaned wheel hubs
Replaced maf
Replaced throttle body,
Replaced pcv valve,

Cleaned wheel hubs
Replaced maf
Replaced throttle body,
Replaced pcv valve,

We had that happen to our 2017 Enclave early in our ownership. I took it to the dealer and they looked at it but essentially decided it was a certain brand of gasoline I was using after I told them where I last fueled up. In fact, it happened several times before I decided not to fill up at that station ever again with my Enclave. All other types of gasoline, both no brand and name brand, seem to work with my vehicle except for the one whose gasoline caused these indications to flash on the dashboard. The dealer lead mechanic said the gasoline has a poor reputation and causes a bank of cylinders to misfire and the engine computer to go into low power mode. He advised not to use it; we haven't in years and no problems.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had this problem as well as my transmission wave plate braking and a stuck shift solenoid no radio any more as well as no driver side door controls not to mention replacing the water pump, power steering pump, alternator, rack and pinion as well as a few other I can’t think of right now. Definitely the worst vehicle I have ever owned.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts