EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Enclave CXL. It now has 4,200 miles on it and has been in the shop three times already. Last week, I had it in the shop for its first oil change and the transmission software update as part of the recall. Before this service, I was getting 16-17 mpg in the city and I got about 22mpg on a trip to Northern Michigan. I was happy with this. Now, after the service was performed, my city gas mileage went to 6 mpg. I called my service rep and he said maybe the computer is wrong. The problem with that is that my actual mpg calculated manually on this last tank of gas was about 6mpg so the computer is right. So I figured I must have received a bad tank of gas. I went to a different gas station. Guess what? Same result so far for the first 30 miles I have driven it on this new tank of gas. The car drives fine though. No noticeable change in the performance of the car.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I love the car but it is frustrating when I have to take it into the dealership for service every few weeks.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Sorry, but that just seems impossible, a Hummer gets better than 6 mpg. If this is right they must have done something wrong with the upgrade. Do you have onstar that could run a quick diagnostic on it until you could have the dealer look at it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Good point bsox, and everyone has Onstar for the first year, so the diagnostic printout might snag something...

·
Registered
50 Posts
I got my letter from GM yesterday about the transmission update (referring to my Chevy Enclave btw). I think it mentioned in the letter that there would be a period of time when gas mileage would not be the same as prior to the update, while the transmission re-learns your driving style. Had no idea they meant it would change that much..

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
krm said:
I got my letter from GM yesterday about the transmission update (referring to my Chevy Enclave btw). I think it mentioned in the letter that there would be a period of time when gas mileage would not be the same as prior to the update, while the transmission re-learns your driving style. Had no idea they meant it would change that much..
Somethings very wrong! 6MPG??? If you said 12-14 maybe. To use that much gas you'd be over-revving constantly or runnig a stinky, black exhaust fume that a dealer could spot a mile away (assuming computer/reprogram glich!) Don't wait! Bring it in!!

·
Registered
525 Posts
I noticed very little change in my mpg after the transmission update. ****, it almost sounds like you have a hole in your gas tank!! Better get it in for a check up.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Have you tried releasing the emergency brake? ;D

Ha ha.

Big Larry
[/color]

flannbarr said:
I have an Enclave CXL. It now has 4,200 miles on it and has been in the shop three times already. Last week, I had it in the shop for its first oil change and the transmission software update as part of the recall. Before this service, I was getting 16-17 mpg in the city and I got about 22mpg on a trip to Northern Michigan. I was happy with this. Now, after the service was performed, my city gas mileage went to 6 mpg. I called my service rep and he said maybe the computer is wrong. The problem with that is that my actual mpg calculated manually on this last tank of gas was about 6mpg so the computer is right. So I figured I must have received a bad tank of gas. I went to a different gas station. Guess what? Same result so far for the first 30 miles I have driven it on this new tank of gas. The car drives fine though. No noticeable change in the performance of the car.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I love the car but it is frustrating when I have to take it into the dealership for service every few weeks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well the Enclave is fixed. The voluntary transmission software recall work that was performed caused my powertrain software system to lock up. As I result, I was burning gas to the tune of 4-5 mpg. In addition, my odometer did not function properly. I guess it only registered 1 mile for every 2.5 miles that I drove. I only drove 100 miles while this problem was occuring or I could have really had something good here. For the inconvenience and cost of wasted gasoline, the dealership gave me two free oil changes.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Does anyone know if this could do damage to the drivetrain?
I'd hate for flannbarr to get just past warranty and have his transmission or engine blow out because of this...

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
THX for the heads up!! I am going in for trans this Wed. I will look for odometer prob as a clue something is wrong on the way home. good catch! Your dealer seems like a good one.

I love happy endings!! :blob:

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
It is really amazing how complicated cars have become. No more driveway mechanics. :(

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Smokin SRX said:
THX for the heads up!! I am going in for trans this Wed. I will look for odometer prob as a clue something is wrong on the way home. good catch! Your dealer seems like a good one.

I love happy endings!! :blob:
You should look for major changes in your mpg too.

R

·
0 Posts
bsox said:
Sorry, but that just seems impossible, a Hummer gets better than 6 mpg. If this is right they must have done something wrong with the upgrade. Do you have onstar that could run a quick diagnostic on it until you could have the dealer look at it.
hummers get alot better than 6 mpg, before i could drive (hense no 4wd anything), we rented a hummer (2003 h2) to go to the beach on, on the trip down the dic said 13 mpg, this is very good milage for a hummer i think, the mpg got down to 11 when we were driving in 4LO through some water and mud but we had fun.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts