• Guests Allowed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently, the gallery can be viewed by anyone, member or guest. Should we change this so only registered members can view the gallery photos? A few members have requested this, so I thought I'd put it up for a vote. The benefit would be getting some more of our hundreds of daily guests to register and maybe contribute to the conversation. The downside is that the gallery is probably a big pull for a lot of people and I don't even think guests would know it exists if I block access to it.

Let me know...
admin

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Are there benefits other than getting people to register? If people are unwilling to register they may not end up adding much value anyway. MHO

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
i had to join all the sites b4 i could see anything. when i went to the acadia & saturn site to look around i wanted to see pics butttttttt i quickly realized i had to join in order to see them. and now, i am a junior member on the acadia site eventhough i am not buying an acadia. lots of good info on there. they will know it exsists cause it is one of the tabs they will just not be able to view the pics unless they join. the benefits are they will meet lots of nice and wonderful people who share their passion for a particular car and they will be able to post their opinions of which we all value. they can get answers to all their questions and perhaps answer some of ours.

all are :welcome: come on and join in w/us you will be glad :dancing: that you did. you will be surprised :eek: at the information that you have to share w/us. look at me i'm already a hero member and the first one at that hehehehehe

·
Registered
31 Posts
While I agree that online forums -- on any topic -- benefit from increased participation, forcing someone to register to view some pics doesn't do anying to actually increase participation. Folks post when they have a question, or when they feel like they have something to contribute, not because they viewed a pic.

In fact forcing registration may actually take away from what I believe the goal to be (namely, to help people learn about and have questions answered on the Enclave and it's siblings). There may be a lurker, or a first time visitor, that may not see some great Enclave pic and decide its the ride for them b/c they didn't want to hastle with registration.

It's admin's forum, and he can obviously do what he wants with it. But I just don't think it really adds anything, but might in fact take something away.

·
Registered
80 Posts
admin said:
Currently, the gallery can be viewed by anyone, member or guest. Should we change this so only registered members can view the gallery photos? A few members have requested this, so I thought I'd put it up for a vote.
Let me know...
admin
For those that requested this, what were your reasons?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
i think it is totally fine letting non-members look at the gallery.

·
Registered
103 Posts
imgntht said:
For those that requested this, what were your reasons?
Actually, there's one more vote for members only than there should be. I wasn't paying attention when I
submitted my vote and had the wrong option selected. :banghead: I agree, there is no reason why
guests should not be able to see the gallery.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, the overwhelming majority seem to think that the gallery should stay open to guests, so that's exactly what I'll do. I had pondered this exact question when I first set up the gallery (it asks that question in the setup process) and was curious what others thought about it. Now I know, thanks guys! ;)

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
admin said:
Currently, the gallery can be viewed by anyone, member or guest. Should we change this so only registered members can view the gallery photos? A few members have requested this, so I thought I'd put it up for a vote. The benefit would be getting some more of our hundreds of daily guests to register and maybe contribute to the conversation. The downside is that the gallery is probably a big pull for a lot of people and I don't even think guests would know it exists if I block access to it.

Let me know...
admin
Gallery? We don't have stink in' gallery? We need to reinstate it, though.

·
Registered
5,917 Posts

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
rexster said:
Kinda hard for either since you can't access it anyways
:thumb: :happy:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts