EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question
I use my Enclave most of the time at work (on an Airport) and rarely ever wear a seat belt (off road) is there a way to program the seat belt audible warning OFF so I don't have to listen to it all the time .... I know the dealers can do it because of liability reasons.....
I know in my old for I was able to do it through a series of steps, turn the switch on and off twice step on the break and pull the seat belt in and out within a ceratin time frame..... any sugestions would be greatly appreicated.
Rob

·
Registered
61 Posts
should be an easy fix. try to locate where the tone is coming from, and then simply unplug it. it will probably be a little plastic box with a tiny speaker on the side of it. the hardest part will be trying to find it. ??? :help:

G

·
BuicksRbetter said:
should be an easy fix. try to locate where the tone is coming from, and then simply unplug it. it will probably be a little plastic box with a tiny speaker on the side of it. the hardest part will be trying to find it. ??? :help:
nope not like that anymore, the enclave has a gm lan, all audio tones go through the speaker in the driver door.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Rollin Thunder said:
nope not like that anymore, the enclave has a gm lan, all audio tones go through the speaker in the driver door.
:sosad: crap! now you'll have to unplug the speaker. ;D how about getting an old seatbelt, of the enclave style, and removing just the metal buckle part. that way you could just snap it in making the car think that you "buckled-up".

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BuicksRbetter said:
:sosad: crap! now you'll have to unplug the speaker. ;D how about getting an old seatbelt, of the enclave style, and removing just the metal buckle part. that way you could just snap it in making the car think that you "buckled-up".
Actually I thought about that one this morning but I was just wondering if I could do it Via Programimg...... Thanks for all your Ideas if nothing else this will be the fix for my problem.
Rob

·
Registered
167 Posts
does everyone here kow there is some kind of "black box" big brother thingie" in our enclaves?
supposedly if we aren't wearing our seatbelt in an accident the police or someone can plug in a find out.
they can also tell our driving behavior.i'm not happy about this.
i read it somewhere in the manual that's why iv'e been wearing mine more then normal.

as for shutting off that tone ,in most cars you have to push a series of buttons usually on the radio.
i would guess you could do it on the enclave also.
just have to read around or go to service dept.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I believe all new cars have the black box. If I'm not mistaken it's a federal mandate. It records a huge amount of data, and with the StabiliTrack sensors it has access to all sorts of vehicle information.

I haven't bothered to defeat the seat belt chimes in a vehicle for ages because I always wear mine, but I used to do it by disconnecting the seat usage sensor. It's a pressure sensitive switch in the seat cushion that lets the system know there's someone in the seat.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Joe-drum said:
does everyone here kow there is some kind of "black box" big brother thingie" in our enclaves?
supposedly if we aren't wearing our seatbelt in an accident the police or someone can plug in a find out.
they can also tell our driving behavior.i'm not happy about this.
i read it somewhere in the manual that's why iv'e been wearing mine more then normal.

as for shutting off that tone ,in most cars you have to push a series of buttons usually on the radio.
i would guess you could do it on the enclave also.
just have to read around or go to service dept.
IT'S TRUE! I think Corvettes had them early on (around 4 -5 years ago). Supposedly, it is a diagnostic tool for the dealer, BUT, there was a case where the Ins Co. summonsed it to court, to see the speed of the car, at moment of impact!!! Very little we can do, except obey the law ;D Big Brother IS watching.......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts