EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my Platinum Metallic on order and am considering adding the side window weather deflectors. Has anyone else out there have them? If so could you please post some pictures. And what do you think of them? Are they worth it? I've never had a vehicle with them, but know people who do. They seem to like the ability to "crack" the window for a little air even when it's raining/snowing.

Thanks, bsox, for the photos of the sun roof air deflector. I was considering it for my 'clave. It looks nice and blends in well with the rest of the vehicle! Nice choice :thumb:

I also like the door moldings. Very nice. ;)

Man, a person could really spend a fortune on after-markets, huh???!!!

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Mo said:
I have my Platinum Metallic on order and am considering adding the side window weather deflectors. Has anyone else out there have them? If so could you please post some pictures. And what do you think of them? Are they worth it? I've never had a vehicle with them, but know people who do. They seem to like the ability to "crack" the window for a little air even when it's raining/snowing.

Thanks, bsox, for the photos of the sun roof air deflector. I was considering it for my 'clave. It looks nice and blends in well with the rest of the vehicle! Nice choice :thumb:

Thanks it really makes a big difference with the wind noise when the roof is open. Also cuts down on some sun glare. I like it, will use the roof much more now.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've used Weathertech side window wind guards on other vehicles. I like them because they don't use adhesive; they fit up into the window groove. I thought it wouldn't work too well at first but they stay put well. I don't think Weathertech has made any yet for the Enclave, however. I'm waiting on them for the rear deck cargo liners.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Mo said:

SorryI don't have Pics just yet, but I have the Side Window Deflectors and they look great on my WDT. Supposedly, they were made for the Enclave, and they fit snug and if I was bying another Enclave, I wouldn't hesitate to purchase the Deflectors again. I had them installed at the Dealer along with the Side Assist Steps and they look great.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
CAUTION! sorry to throw cold water on the fire but I must tell you.................
I removed them from my Yukon after almost running over a pedestrian, standing on a curb, 10 feet away! The extra width it gives the window pillar ("A" pillar) causes a big blind spot that can be overcome only by extra gyrations of the head, in mall and school parking lots, where pedestrians and autos run side-by-side. I never saw the guy till we both began moving! Almost too late. He stepped into my blind spot as I was looking the other way! very scary!!!

In all fairness, mine were "charcoal" color and they do offer "clear"!! But I've seen them, and much distortion still occurs. But they ARE safer in the daytime. So I decided to use my vent/AC for fresh air, and make my life simpler and safer.! Get them, they look great! but be advised...............

PS...........mine came off in a car wash twice in 2 months? Maybe it was me?

Caveat Emptor :thumb:

·
Registered
743 Posts
Believe this or not, I just posted about how great the Side Window Deflectors are, but this morning I looked at both my front Deflectors, drove approx 7 miles today and late this evening I was looking around and the Deflector on the Driver's side was missing. There is no Residue or anything indicating a Deflector was ever attached. I still think they're very attractive and I would do it all over again in a heartbeat, but now, back to the Dealer.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
rocketman said:
Believe this or not, I just posted about how great the Side Window Deflectors are, but this morning I looked at both my front Deflectors, drove approx 7 miles today and late this evening I was looking around and the Deflector on the Driver's side was missing. There is no Residue or anything indicating a Deflector was ever attached. I still think they're very attractive and I would do it all over again in a heartbeat, but now, back to the Dealer.
Do you think it was stolen?? I gotta believe you would see/hear something if the drivers side fell off, while you were driving? Mine came off in car wash, while I was in vehicle and i saw/heard nothing till I was outside seeing it vacuumed!

Sorry for you trouble. Please use them carefully! Yes, they do look nice!

·
Registered
743 Posts
Smokin SRX said:
Do you think it was stolen?? I gotta believe you would see/hear something if the drivers side fell off, while you were driving? Mine came off in car wash, while I was in vehicle and i saw/heard nothing till I was outside seeing it vacuumed!

Sorry for you trouble. Please use them carefully! Yes, they do look nice!
I honestly don't believe it was stolen. The adhesive residue was a tiny strip approx 1/2 inch long. I think there wasn't enough Glue on the Deflector.
I called the Dealer today and they will call me when it comes in. They had to order a whole set. They also said it was covered under Warranty. I just can't believe it came off with only 260-270 miles. It makes me wonder about the Deflectors when I get 25-30K miles on it. Thanks for your concern. Rocketman

·
Registered
743 Posts
The Dealer replaced my Rain Deflector today. I mentioned that I wonder if the Deflectors would still be on there in 25K-30K miles. He tugged on the other 3 Deflectors and the one on the right front Passenger Door almost came off, so they replaced them on both front doors. They mentioned the probable cause was the texture of the material around the Windows. That should have already been considered. If they come off again....... right back to the Dealer.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, everyone for the wonderful suggestions/comments. I think I have decided to skip the window deflectors and opt for the side assist steps and the sunroof deflector. Sounds like the window deflectors are too much of a hassle.

This forum has been a great research tool for me. This is the most that I have ever researched a vehicle before purchase. Now, I just have to be patient and wait...wait...wait... for mine to be delivered.

Thanks, again to all who contribute to this wonderful forum. You are all so valuable in your own unique ways!!! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Mo said:
Thanks, everyone for the wonderful suggestions/comments. I think I have decided to skip the window deflectors and opt for the side assist steps and the sunroof deflector. Sounds like the window deflectors are too much of a hassle.

This forum has been a great research tool for me. This is the most that I have ever researched a vehicle before purchase. Now, I just have to be patient and wait...wait...wait... for mine to be delivered.

Thanks, again to all who contribute to this wonderful forum. You are all so valuable in your own unique ways!!! :thumb:
That says it all!!! Ditto's MO

Happy Thanksgiving to ALL!!! :thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts