EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe it's due to the way I have my seat adjusted, but I'm comfortable with this setting. Everytime I make a left turn, I can't see where I'm turning to because of the sideview mirror. This will probably differ between each driver. On all previous cars I've owned, the side view mirror is mounted lower and I can look over it while turning. I still love this car but the sideview mirror is the only thing that bothers me when turning.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Wow, THIS is my ONE MAJOR PET PEEVE!!!! When I was first getting used to driving the Enclave I actually slammed on my brakes during a left hand turn because I saw headlights coming towards me...it turned out to be a car BEHIND me reflected in the drivers side mirror...I was very fortunate not to get rear ended. Yes, the mirror totally blocks the vision to the left when making a left turn. I do believe a very easy fix (in my case) would be to let the seat be raised to a higher level. I am short (5'2") and if I stretch up really high, I can see OVER the mirror obstacle.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Yes, and all SUV's have pretty strong, thick "A" pillars (right to front left of driver, holding windshield upright) and I had to take those add-on side wind deflectors off the door frames, as it added another 2 inches of blindness to me, while making turns. This is an un-small SUV/CUV?, and you must be very observant. Thank God for the rear camera. Get a universal add-on, if you don't have! Really helps!.

I strongly recommend the little round blind spot mirrors be added to BOTH side view mirrors also. (see my pix) I almost ran a Mini-Cooper into a ditch, first week, cause I couldn't see him in driver side mirror! :eek:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Smokin SRX said:
I strongly recommend the little round blind spot mirrors be added to BOTH side view mirrors also. (see my pix) I almost ran a Mini-Cooper into a ditch, first week, cause I couldn't see him in driver side mirror! :eek:
I need to pick up a pair of those mirrors myself. I get shivers changing lanes sometimes.

·
Registered
743 Posts
One of the first things I noticed was the Blind Spot when making Left Turns.....but my problem seems to be the A Pillar rather than the Mirror, also the thick door piece connecting the Mirror. I also believe the Slant of the Windshield contributes to the problem. If the Windshield wasn't as Aerodynamic, or was a little more upright would help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts