EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another post made me realize........... I didn't even ask the salesman when he mentioned ordering, if I would be ordering an '08 or an '09. When do they stop producing 08's and start 09's? Am I better off ordering one in particular (I know obviously an '09 is newer, but the price could also be higher ???

SM

·
Registered
743 Posts
I'm pretty certain it will be an 08 Clave. It will be a few more Months before they start taking Orders for 09.

·
Registered
509 Posts
All orders up through April 1st (the cut-off) are 2008's--followed by the last one rolling off the line in May/very early June. Ordering now, that's exactly what you will get.

The ONLY possible issue that sometimes pops up are orders that get submitted in those last few days that just happen to not be possible for MG to schedule, and get switched over to 2009's--and the equipment and such changes made to fit what was originally ordered. But that's rare, and even still, the dealer is informed of it and can do the re-order or just cancel it.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
If I were you and you can wait, I'd order an 09. It's only a few more months and it gives US more opportunity to work the bugs out!

·
Registered
344 Posts
PAPoPo said:
If I were you and you can wait, I'd order an 09. It's only a few more months and it gives US more opportunity to work the bugs out!
bugs? what bugs? :D PAPoPo I mean it change your picture it is sceeeerin' me! :'(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello Enclave Enthusiasts!
I had ordered my WDT with ebony interior from a local dealer here in Southern Ca on January 9th since they had an open allocation ready to go. They seemed really enthused at the time then of course I haven't heard anything from them even though they said they would get back with me the following week on a potential build date. My dealings so far with these Buick dealerships in So Cal has been less than stellar. Some are misinformed (or they seemed to be by telling me they can't order a WDT!) or trying to sell me something that I do not want (WDT with Cashemere interior). :angryfire: So I decided to tell my dealership today that I am waiting for the 2009. He asked me why and I told him I have a boat and if I am towing I want the DI engine, bluetooth ready etc. Then he tried to lay the guilt trip on me saying that the owner will be greatly dissapointed in my decision. I told him that he needs to talk to his owner and let me know how they want to handle this since I am sticking with my change. I have patience and will go to another dealership again even if I have to deal with more GM BS! Man I really like the vehicle but this process really sucks!!! Sorry about the long rant but I am glad to have found this very informative forum!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have been wavering on waiting for a 09 or order a 08 as well. I drove another 08 this weekend. Big mistake, now I want it worse. I told the dealer that I was leaning on waiting and he was good with it but should not expect to get my 09 until late Aug at earliest. He would be shocked if I got it before mid September. No pressure from him. He could careless if I waited. He just wanted me to be happy with my purchase. He emailed me today and said he talked to his GM rep and the final 08 orders will be processed on June 14th.
We have baby #3 due in June so I'm not waiting. Plus with the WDT not being available in 09 and I don't know what the Plat Ice Tri looks like, it think it is the safest bet for me to got for it.

Good By MDX - You have been a great ride but it's time for me to move on

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
coopdog said:
Good By MDX - You have been a great ride but it's time for me to move on
I hope you are more satisfied with the move from MDX to Enclave than I am (I traded an '04 MDX with the works). The main downsides for me: 1) Nav is NOT programmable while in motion (and the nav address book list is NOT sorted, and I liked some of the MDX nav's other features better than the Enclave); 2) Gas mileage is quite a bit worse; 3) Transmission hunting up and down is a real nuisance; 4) No rain-sensing wipers; 5) wind noise at freeway speeds or in crosswind. About the only real upside is the third row seating room. Overall, it is pretty much a wash as far as comfort, luxury, etc. goes.

Not trying to rain on your parade, but just some observations from someone who just did (Dec.22) what you are doing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
We are more than satisfied with our MDX. We don't use our Nav that much here in Denver but it will be a pain to not be able to program on the fly. I know we will give up a bit in gas mileage. We get a solid 19 everyday. But the upside to the Buick is that it uses reg gas instead of the Premium we fill the MDX with.

The 3rd row is the main reason we picked it over others. As I have said in other posts, my wife refuses to drive a minivan. This is the best compromise with seating for 7, accessible 3rd row, AWD and decent gas mileage. I was disappointed with the new Pilot. I thought they were going to close the gap with the Lambda's. Thought for sure they would have the stow middle row seat from Odyssey but I guess not.

We are hoping for a positive experience. No leaks, No trans problems ect.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts