EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:help: I have read the owners manual a few times now, at 35 you would think I am technically savy - I think not. I cannot get the rear air to flow through the top vents in the back. I have made sure all controls are set appropriately and tried to even override the automatic setting to match the front to no avail. I can feel air at my feet, but when I try to move it to the vents at the top - nothing. Any suggestions?

Also the button I push to make the hatch lower will not work.

Husband found the two fuses boxes but we seem at a loss to figure this out. The fuse box I googled to find the one on the inside to figure out how to open it.

Help?

·
Registered
6,036 Posts
karassuv said:
its a 08 with auto climate control with rear entertainment 53k miles out of warranty
The button you are referring to for lowering the liftgate, is it the one actually on the liftgate? Have you tried the one on the front console under the climate controls? Maybe the one actually on the liftgate is faulty/broke?

·
Registered
35 Posts
If the rear liftgate button on the front center console is selected to "off" the remote open will not work. I was mystified by this until I found out that this switch had been accidentally switched to "off". Once it was put in normal position, everything worked fine.

·
Registered
6,036 Posts
hbeasley11 said:
If the rear liftgate button on the front center console is selected to "off" the remote open will not work. I was mystified by this until I found out that this switch had been accidentally switched to "off". Once it was put in normal position, everything worked fine.
:thumb: Been there, done that, too. Hope this all helps Karassuv.

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
karassuv said:
:help: I have read the owners manual a few times now, at 35 you would think I am technically savy - I think not. I cannot get the rear air to flow through the top vents in the back. I have made sure all controls are set appropriately and tried to even override the automatic setting to match the front to no avail. I can feel air at my feet, but when I try to move it to the vents at the top - nothing. Any suggestions?

Also the button I push to make the hatch lower will not work.

Husband found the two fuses boxes but we seem at a loss to figure this out. The fuse box I googled to find the one on the inside to figure out how to open it.

Help?

karassuv,
Are you still experiencing these issues? If you have not been able to get this figured out I would recommend that you take your Enclave into your dealer and have them look into this and show you. Please keep me posted and if you have any other questions please feel free to contact me anytime.
Thank you,
Stacy Buick Customer Service

·
Registered
333 Posts
hbeasley11 said:
It's an awesome safety feature. I've had my Enclave for 1 month now, and one of the first things I did was buy a Bike Rack for the hitch. And as I'm installing it, I'm thinking, holy cow, what if someone use the remote not recalling the hitch mounted bike rack is on the back. I look at the switch and I see the OFF, and I wander if that's what it's for. I check the owners manual and BINGO.

To the OP:

Did you ever get the rear air flow top vents working?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I too have a 2013 Enclave Premium Pkg and I cannot get the upper vents in the rear to work either - I follow directions to no avail - only once when I remote started the vehicle did the upper air vents come on but also the rear defroster came on as well - very frustrating - going back to dealer on Monday - something is wrong - :facepalm:

·
Premium Member
21,166 Posts
Honestly, since I've only sat in the second row briefly a couple of times I don't know if the rear vents have worked as expected. I suppose that I should check, though if there has been a deficiency for the past 5 1/2 years of ownership it really wouldn't matter now.

Please let us know what is determined.

·
Registered
6,036 Posts
Any update?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had the Enclave in today to have the rear vent problem checked out - after 15 minutes I was told that yes there was a problem the rear air flow wasn't working at all, neither from the floor, or the overhead vents - problem traced to short in the blower for the second row - have to order part and will call me to bring the vehicle in when it arrives.

·
Premium Member
21,166 Posts
I think that yours is the first such incident reported on this forum. Let us know how the repair works out.

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
I am happy to hear that the problem will soon be resolved with the new part! Please keep me posted on the final outcome, and let me know if further assistance is needed.

Jessica
Buick Customer Care

norm13 said:
I had the Enclave in today to have the rear vent problem checked out - after 15 minutes I was told that yes there was a problem the rear air flow wasn't working at all, neither from the floor, or the overhead vents - problem traced to short in the blower for the second row - have to order part and will call me to bring the vehicle in when it arrives.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The rear blower motor had shorted out - it took a week to get the part and the repair time was about 2 hours - so far so good, rear heat and cooling is working now. JohnPaul Buick GMC is the dealer I worked with and they were most helpful and accommodating. They said this was the first one they have seen. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
21,166 Posts
It is also the first one reported on this forum. I am glad to read that the issue was easily resolved.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The rear blower motor had shorted out - it took a week to get the part and the repair time was about 2 hours - so far so good, rear heat and cooling is working now. JohnPaul Buick GMC is the dealer I worked with and they were most helpful and accommodating. They said this was the first one they have seen. :thumb:
Hey, I Also have a 2008 enclave same issue no air In In the rear. Do you know if they replaced the motor or a wiring harness? What part did they replace if you know? Thank you so much

1 - 17 of 17 Posts