EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve tried posting on other threads but need new opinions. For the last year when driving over 65 I get a slight vibration that can be felt on steering wheel and even thru my feet on floor of car. It is very slight but seems to be more noticeable when climbing a grade or accelerating at highway speed. Have relatively new tires that were just balanced along with new tie rod ends and alignment. Dealer balanced and aligned my wheels 3 months before and didn’t notice bad tie rod ends. When I went back they finally noticed the bad tie rod ends and charged me again for a wheel alignment. Well the problem persists. Any ideas? Sounds like if more stress is placed on tranny it vibrates. Transmission mounts? Car ran great on 1200 round trip to Maine and tracked perfectly straight but that slight vibration is very annoying. Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had a similar problem with my 2012 Acadia AWD. Vibrations were felt in the seat, not in the steering wheel.
Might not be related but symptoms were above 60mph and during climbing a grade, like yours

The U-Joint in the back from the driveshaft was seized.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Tires are usually first cause of vibration in car or the steering wheel especially at the 60-65mph mark. Counter weights can fall off after being balanced so they should be rechecked. Also common issue if the tires all check out and have no obvious wear issues would be in the driveline. Shaft out of balance or U joints going bad will also cause vibration, usually vehicle vibration.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From responses does sound like axle issue. Hopefully the dealer will be able to diagnose it themselves. I'm almost afraid to suggest it to them. Last time it took 2 different dealers 3 trips to diagnose bad tie rod ends and still did not stop vibrations.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’ve tried posting on other threads but need new opinions. For the last year when driving over 65 I get a slight vibration that can be felt on steering wheel and even thru my feet on floor of car. It is very slight but seems to be more noticeable when climbing a grade or accelerating at highway speed. Have relatively new tires that were just balanced along with new tie rod ends and alignment. Dealer balanced and aligned my wheels 3 months before and didn’t notice bad tie rod ends. When I went back they finally noticed the bad tie rod ends and charged me again for a wheel alignment. Well the problem persists. Any ideas? Sounds like if more stress is placed on tranny it vibrates. Transmission mounts? Car ran great on 1200 round trip to Maine and tracked perfectly straight but that slight vibration is very annoying. Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2011 Buick Enclave CXL with the towing package which has about 120K miles. Since mid May 2019, my enclave has been experiencing a shuddering problem when accelerating around 40mph and 60mph or when climbing hills with a full load. The shuddering was usually felt through the steering wheel and through the floor beneath the driver's seat.The local transmission shop checked the vehicle out during a test drive and diagnosed the problem as a defective torque converter in the transmission and recommended I get the transmission problem fixed at a cost of some $1,500. I initially agreed to get the repairs done but became very concerned that this could be the beginning of a hefty repair bill if it turned out not to be transmission related. So I waited.

I changed the transmission oil in early July to see if this would make a difference and completed a 3,200 mile trip the first half of July. When the shuddering continued two days after the transmission oil change, I added a 155ml/5.25 fl. oz bottle of "Hi-Performance LUCAS Upper Cylinder Lubricant and Injector Cleaner" to a full tank of gas and the shuddering ceased completely. The Enclave has been running shudder free since under both light and hard acceleration with and without a full load. I had planned to change the spark plugs but don't see a need to do so right now given the performance improvement the fuel injector treatment has produced. I will do so at 125K miles.

While I will continue to monitor the vehicle very closely over the coming weeks, I am putting this information out there in the hope that other people will try it and report back on their results. If it does indeed work, this is a far less costly solution than some others I have read about in this forum.

Good luck.

John

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’ll give it a try but still think it’s probably u-joint or axle. Where do I buy this?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Only thing holding me back is I have never heard of anyone using this. Is this any different than the Chevron Fuel Injector cleaner I have seen recommended by numerous people on the forum? Has anyone else used this before? Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Only thing holding me back is I have never heard of anyone using this. Is this any different than the Chevron Fuel Injector cleaner I have seen recommended by numerous people on the forum? Has anyone else used this before? Thanks
To the best of my knowledge, there is nothing special about the Lucas Fuel Injector Cleaner I use. I use it in my Buick Enclave as well as my 2008 MB C350 sedan and 2002 MB C320 wagon and it works great. I am sure the Chevron Fuel Injector Cleaner with which you are familiar is just as good. Any good fuel injector cleaner should work as well as the Lucas brand. I only included the name of the fuel injector cleaner I used because I expected people to ask me what fuel injector I used. The "Hi-Performance Lucas Upper Cylinder Lubricant and Injector Cleaner" is sold throughout the USA and Canada at most auto parts and supplies outlets.

Good luck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Use Techron fuel system cleaner. Best option IMO next to a can of seafoam. I had a check engine light come on recently and had a bunch of fuel system codes from fuel pump to relay. Put a bottle of Techron through it and CEL turned off and no issues again.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
To the best of my knowledge, there is nothing special about the Lucas Fuel Injector Cleaner I use. I use it in my Buick Enclave as well as my 2008 MB C350 sedan and 2002 MB C320 wagon and it works great. I am sure the Chevron Fuel Injector Cleaner with which you are familiar is just as good. Any good fuel injector cleaner should work as well as the Lucas brand. I only included the name of the fuel injector cleaner I used because I expected people to ask me what fuel injector I used. The "Hi-Performance Lucas Upper Cylinder Lubricant and Injector Cleaner" is sold throughout the USA and Canada at most auto parts and supplies outlets.

Good luck.
Thanks for your help and suggestion. I do appreciate it!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Use Techron fuel system cleaner. Best option IMO next to a can of seafoam. I had a check engine light come on recently and had a bunch of fuel system codes from fuel pump to relay. Put a bottle of Techron through it and CEL turned off and no issues again.

Thanks. I actually used the Techron about a month ago right before a 1500 round trip to Maine. Slight shuddering was happening before I used it and was the same way the whole trip and still is today. I think I will have the U joints and/or axle checked. Thanks everyone for help and opinions.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
5 Participants
JACKIETOOLS
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing