EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
You nailed this one! I was just looking at some old thrad when I noticed your prophetic post. :angel:
LOL he did! AND sure enough... cRaZyRoSiTa traded in her Enclave on the Encore and she loves it!

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Sailfish said:
LOL he did! AND sure enough... cRaZyRoSiTa traded in her Enclave on the Encore and she loves it!
Please ask her to chime in more often, especially to post about her Encore and humor.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
Please ask her to chime in more often, especially to post about her Encore and humor.
I have asked her on more than one occasion to stop over. She just tells me...perhaps she will.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
:'( She doesn't like us any longer. :'(

LOL no that isn't it. She has a lot on her plate anymore and doesn't spend a lot of time over here or for that matter on FB as well.

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
How funny to read back thru this thread and hear ourselves forecasting things about the Encore and refreshed Enclave. Too funny. I was wrong about the refreshed Enclave being 2014....it indeed, as we know, came in 2013. Also was wrong about that clay model photo being the Encore....wow was I way off, the Encore looks nothing like that model...unfortunately. Also was wrong on platform. Funny thing, on the first page, I had linked an article and photo of a rendering of the Encore....but when you open that link now....a photo of an Enclave is there in all it's glory....wonder what changed with that link....the text is still talking about Encore. :tard:

I still say that the reveal of the Encore was the most disappointing event in recent GM history that I have witnessed. It's Buick's ugly duckling and I just can't wait till they do something to fix what's wrong with the exterior design. Still awaiting the arrival of the Anthem (or the name could be Envision...from somewhere I read). But I'm not pumping up my anticipation too high for fear of getting my balloon popped once again with a reveal of an awkward looking crossover. Hopefully Buick gets the Anthem right.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I still say that the reveal of the Encore was the most disappointing event in recent GM history that I have witnessed. It's Buick's ugly duckling and I just can't wait till they do something to fix what's wrong with the exterior design.
Is it the exterior design, or is there a stigma for a vehicle built in Korea with a GM label?

I know that was "my issue" with this vehicle and told the sale rep when we were shopping last summer I wouldn't even walk across the showroom to look at it because it was Korean. I realize that is unfair, and un-watever any one else wants to blame me for, but I'm writing the check and I can make choices. The salesman said he had heard that several times before and they aren't selling very many.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
The salesman said he had heard that several times before and they aren't selling very many.

Then his store is not typical. The Encore has been a big sales success for Buick, selling more than predicted from the moment they hit the dealers. I think it was just last month that more Encores were sold than Enclaves?

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
Blue Oval said:
Is it the exterior design, or is there a stigma for a vehicle built in Korea with a GM label?

I know that was "my issue" with this vehicle and told the sale rep when we were shopping last summer I wouldn't even walk across the showroom to look at it because it was Korean. I realize that is unfair, and un-watever any one else wants to blame me for, but I'm writing the check and I can make choices. The salesman said he had heard that several times before and they aren't selling very many.
For me it's two separate issues. First off, I agree...the fact it's built in Korea is something I don't like. But even worse is just it's looks, which is what my comment was referring to. From the windshield forward it has horrible propotions, angles, whatever you call it. Then, the sides are odd having no window behind the back doors. But I see Mercedes is following that design trend with a new small crossover. I don't personally like hatchback/wagon designs that use a sedan's side window without the extra side window in back. Add in the odd black plastic "things" under the headlights, and the whole design doesn't do anything for me....too short for a crossover. Then the engine has been said to be underpowered.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Sometimes I hear that someone is against Korean cars, but are fine with Japanese and German cars. If it's build quality, the gap is closing very quickly. If it's political, it's a terrible argument as the Korean's are a better Ally than either Germany or Japan, even though all three are good ally's of the US. If it's, "I only want to buy American," I get that, too.

·
Registered
265 Posts
i got to drive a 2015 encore while i was waiting for service on my enclave. at first sight i thought, nothing exciting, nothing hideous. a bland small car. the interior to me seems cheap and chintzy. perhaps i am spoiled by the enclave but i was expecting more of an upmarket feel to it, more buicky. the ride and engine reminded me more of a hot hatchback but not so hot. didnt ask how much and had no idea it was made in korea but i wouldnt have one after driving it.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts