EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a difference a few days makes! You may have read my 8/22 post in the GM YOUR DEALERS ARE PRICE GOUGING!!!!!! thread. At that point I clearly thought I was out of the Enclave market for a while. But would you believe it, Small Town, USA and a small town dealer changed all of that.

My wife and I had decided over the past month or so that a modestly equipped CXL FWD White Diamond/Cashmere Enclave was just the ticket to replace our 2002 Chrysler van. Expecting to special order at some point, and given what I saw and heard in St Louis last week, I figured it may be sometime, if ever for White Diamond, before any dealer would even give me the time of day for anything less than a way over inflated price.

Just because I was on the sidelines didn't mean I couldn't still watch the game. On Thursday, only two days after the disappointing Enclave shopping trip to the Big City and the Big Dealers, I ran my periodic vehicle locator query for my area to see what was around. And what do you think shows up? A modestly equipped CXL FWD White Diamond/Cashmere Enclave. OK, so.... Given all of the current circumstances surrounding the Enclave, I figured it was either already sold or it was going to be priced a couple of thousand dollars over invoice. But I requested an on-line quote anyway, more out of curiosity than any serious expectation of a purchase. I was shocked by the reply; Yes we will have a vehicle like that shortly, it is currently in transit, and I will mark it sold to you for $1,000 under MSRP. Well it wasn't invoice, but it wasn't way over MSRP either. It was only his initial offer, and it was an unsold White Diamond Enclave. All of that had me back in the game again. The internet sales representative sent an email Friday saying that the vehicle had come in early that morning. We made an appointment with him and drove the 110 miles necessary to see the vehicle on Saturday.

We fully expected the trip to yield nothing more than a good long look at a vehicle very close to what we hoped to be able to order some day. We had never viewed a White Diamond/Cashmere combination in person. We knew we would at least get that out of this trip, and also a good long test drive in a great vehicle, although we had done that on occasion before. But there was also one big problem, this Enclave had the sunroof/skylight option. You see, I stand almost 6' 5" tall and I have never been able to sacrifice the headroom necessary to include a sunroof in any vehicle I have ever owned. When we arrived, the beauty was sitting right on the sidewalk of the dealer's lot. Very impressive! The trip was already worth the effort. I had never sat in an Enclave with a sunroof and expected what I had experienced in the past, but guess what, there was room, plenty of it between my head and the front seat ceiling. In fact, the center seat ceiling provided plenty of clearance as well even with the skylight overhead.

Now we really had potential, an acceptable vehicle and a small town dealer that wasn't out to gouge his customer. You all know how car buying/trading goes, but to make a long story short, we BOUGHT AN ENCLAVE last Saturday. The internet sales representative and all of the staff were very low key and enjoyable to work with; and the owner of the dealership even stopped in to meet us during the process. We left completely happy with our very impressive new Enclave and our experience with a small town dealer in Small Town, USA.

I'll post a few pictures along with more details of the purchase and our ride home under other appropriate threads when I can drag myself out of the garage. Love that smell.

:blob:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Re: Small Town, USA - Less Greed/Better Service

congratulationssssssss.... enjoy that ride.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Wow, what a beautiful vehicle!!! You are one of the lucky ones!! Enjoy the ride!

PS-By the way, I hate you!!
[/color] :angel:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The ride is a joy, that's for sure. Hang in there Rosita2001. Blue Sapphire [/color] will be here before you know it!

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Great news, congratulations. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Great news....and I agree with the "small town integrity" comment......something about the way you do business when you know almost everybody personally that you sell to. Has a way of humbling a person.....whereas anonymity makes you complacent and lacking in customer service.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Way to go! Wish I had gone "small town". Good deal, all considered these days! And you didn't wait one extra day!
Enjoy that White beauty!!

(that's our color too!.........White Opal)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My only regret is that I wasn't able to buy in my own Small Town, USA.

·
Registered
7 Posts
ORDERED THE ENCLAVE FROM A SMALLER TOWN FROM ME .....THOUGHT IT WAS OUT OF MY PRICE RANGE WHEN I LOOKED AT IT IN TOWN BUT GOT IT AT MOSTLY INVOICE PRICES....CAN'T WAIT FOR IT TO GET HERE.....FACTORY PULLED ORDER A FEW DAYS AFTER ORDERING IT FROM DEALER....WHAT A SURPRISE ...(BUT IT ISN'T LOADED...WELL, IT IS AN CXL SO IT HAS A LOT OF BELLS AND WHISTLES...LOL) ;D :thumb:
MY BRO LOOKED UP SITES FOR FACTORY RECALLS FROM THE GOV WEBSITE WHICH MADE ME NERVOUS BUT HOPE IT WILL BE FINE....DIDN'T LOOK AT IT BUT FOR A SEC....LOL :-[

1 - 9 of 9 Posts