EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, just purchased a 2009 cxl last night and driving it home I could tell the p/o was a smoker. Its hard to breathe at times. :banghead:
Its got leather interior and i was wondering what recommedations you have to get rid of the smell

Thanks

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
Ozium spray ??? found at Wal-M***. You could use an ionizer machine overnight while parked in the garage - you can rent one from a tool rental place.
Then you can purchase and use Griot's Garage Leather Scent spray. I use 1 to 2 sprays a month just to keep that "new leather" smell in my "Cherry-Ot"
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Griots-Garage-11229LEAST-Interior-Leather-Scent-Fragrance-4-oz-/400815225806?hash=item5d5272fbce&item=400815225806&pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&vxp=mtr
Other than all this, that's about all - aside from leaving it outside on a nice day with the windows down, doors open and aired out completely.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply. Do you just spray the griots in the air, or is it like a leather conditioner? Unfortunately I live in an apartment so airing it out is out of the question. Plus it only 10 degrees before the wind chill here haha.

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
Oh and I forgot to mention :welcome: to the forum. I hope you find a wealth of information to help you out in any matter you may have questions about - as I have in the 2 years I have been on here.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. :thumb:. I see you have an 08 and was wondering if changing the cabin air filter would help too. Im getting mixed info as far as having one. Can you confirm that it has one or not?

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
Yes to your Griot's spray question. I usually spray 1 squirt in the back and 1 in the passenger footwell areas. I feel for ya' on the smoke smell. I am, unfortunately a smoker, but I refuse to smoke in my House, the "Cherry-Ot" or the wife's Sienna.
When we were in the market for her van replacement, we drove an Odessey that wreaked, I couldn't even stand it on the 1 mile test drive we took it on. I told her, "If I couldn't stand it, there is no way she was going to deal with it either since she is a non-smoker".

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
vandezand said:
Thanks. :thumb:. I see you have an 08 and was wondering if changing the cabin air filter would help too. Im getting mixed info as far as having one. Can you confirm that it has one or not?
Cabin filter is located behind the glovebox. Some have a filter tray/door, some don't. And, some that do have a filter tray, that's all it is, is a tray - no filter. Here is a thread that deals with the removal of the glovebox and getting access to the filter area.
http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?topic=463.0
Pay close attention to the "propping up" of the glovebox door with a 2x4 or something of heft, so as the door doesn't fall to the floor - it's a B to get the hinges on the bottom back side back into place.
Also, if you have a filter tray/door, there are 4 "tabs"(2 top and 2 bottom) on the filter tray door that are quite flimsy IMHO(and others' here) They can break off easily

·
Registered
265 Posts
my wife put me onto a product called nok out. her family would use it on the pets to remove skunk odors. apparently it oxidizes the odor particles changing them into something that doesnt smell. i smoked in my old jeep and used nok out. it didnt so much make it smell nice with a scent, just removed the bad smells. ive stunk up many a car in my time but i just cant let myself smoke in my beautiful Enclave.

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
mifd118 said:
my wife put me onto a product called nok out. her family would use it on the pets to remove skunk odors. apparently it oxidizes the odor particles changing them into something that doesnt smell. i smoked in my old jeep and used nok out. it didnt so much make it smell nice with a scent, just removed the bad smells. ive stunk up many a car in my time but i just cant let myself smoke in my beautiful Enclave.
I have had my "Cherry-Ot" for 2 years and haven't lit up in it once. Can't bring myself to smoke in mine either....

·
Registered
592 Posts
Thanks cfedor for the Griot's link - I don't have any smoke smells - but that seemed like a good enough deal to give it a try for a new car leather smell. I think I bought the last one from that seller....

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
TSS said:
Thanks cfedor for the Griot's link - I don't have any smoke smells - but that seemed like a good enough deal to give it a try for a new car leather smell. I think I bought the last one from that seller....
You are welcome, Enjoy! Be forewarned, try 1 spray to see what you think. 1 spray, I find goes a LOOOOONNNGGG way.

·
Registered
592 Posts
^^ It arrived yesterday, I put one spray on each rear mat last night. It was initially a little strong but was perfect this am. It truly does smell like good leather - not like a typical fake smelling air freshener . Thanks again!

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
TSS said:
^^ It arrived yesterday, I put one spray on each rear mat last night. It was initially a little strong but was perfect this am. It truly does smell like good leather - not like a typical fake smelling air freshener . Thanks again!
Glad you got it and like it.

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
kenthurgood said:
Thanks cfedor,

I am going to give this product a try.
Let me know what you think of it when you get it. I think it is a great product.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts