EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We received our first signifigant amount of snow here in the NorthEast on Monday (around 7-8 inches) and I took the Enclave out to play.

It handled great. I took the corner out of my driveway onto the road at a good pace and cut the wheel hard, the stabiltrak came on and you could fell the wheel power shift and I did not slide or fish-tail at all.

Then later I was coming out of a parking area and a Dodge Durange was in front of me. When it pulled out the back wheels were spinning like crazy and the backend was sliding back and forth and it took a bit for it to get out on the road. I pulled forward and when I hit the same section the stabiltrak came on, you could feel the wheel power shift and I went right out on to the road with no slipping at all.

I am extremely happy with its snow performance. :blob:

·
Registered
64 Posts
We have had our first taste of winter in Nebraska this last week and I love how my AWD handels in sonw and ice!!!
If any lives where you get this kind of weather it is worth the extra $$ for the AWD!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Nam68 said:
We have had our first taste of winter in Nebraska this last week and I love how my AWD handels in sonw and ice!!!
If any lives where you get this kind of weather it is worth the extra $$ for the AWD!
I second that emotion!! :thumb: :thumb:

We are in the same city and considering all of the crap that came out of the sky these last few days, I am very very happy with the AWD and all of it's stabili-trak and anti-lock components. Felt very confident drving around. The tires worked just fine. Can't see any reason to change to dedicated snows right now. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Wow that's encouraging! I had it out on 1" of icy sleet about 10 days ago and was amazed also. But am worried if I'm cut off into a 20" snow bank by some Import ( ;)) and have trouble getting out, so I got some of these! (site below!) Actually bought a case, and giving them as side gifts since Hannakuh and now Christmas, to family/friends.

First experience: same morning about 10 days ago, my brother-in-law has a driveway w/ 20-25 degree incline!!! He couldn't get to top with the front drive, traction-control Hyundai he bought (hey, he's an in-law :D ) He remembered the spray I just got him, shook it up, sprayed the front wheels and in 45 seconds, he was gone!!!

His comment: it worked so well that car actually felt "tail-happy" for 10 miles due to tremendous disparity in grip, between front wheels he sprayed and rears, that he didn't!! That's commendable! I will spray all 4 if needed. :thumb:

http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/lisptichgr.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts