EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.motortrend.com/news/fields-ford-ceo-replaced-jim-hackett/

Ever since this guy started making news 20 years ago by being chosen to lead Mazda.....and later Ford's Premier Automotive Group (Aston Martin, Jaguar, Land Rover, Lincoln, and Volvo).....the guy absolutely always struck me as a no-account pretty-boy schmuck who owed more of his career to political posturing than ability. When he was selected as Al Mullaly's replacement in Dearborn, I distinctly recall wondering how long it would take Bill Ford to realize what a miserable choice he made. I guess the answer to that question is less than 3 years (and a 40% decline in Ford's share price). I'll bet his Senior Staff is still out in Dearborn getting drunk at the fact he's finally out of their hair.

I know the official story is that he retired, which will go down as one of the Top 3 biggest bullshit claims of 2017. Lord knows Ford didn't need this GQ clown out there representing them even one more day......can you tell I don't care much for the guy ?? :confused:

·
Registered
795 Posts
Couldn't agree with you more. This guy used to nicknamed "Hollywood" because he looked more like a movie star than an executive. This guy was on his way up when Billy Ford came to the wise conclusion that he didn't know how to run a auto-company and hire Mullaly. Field's caught flack from the media when they found out during the recession when Ford was trying to survive that he was using a corporate plane to fly home to Florida every weekend. Glad this tool is gone.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1 - 3 of 3 Posts