EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings All,

What was your strategy to get a good price? How far did you cast your net for a quote (this can get extreme)?

We are going to be buying an 09 as my lease runs out in spring 09. I am shooting for 300 or less above invoice. My last purchase (an Expedition) I faxed my proposed specs around to the dealers locally before I got an X-Plan pin. This time around, I don't have any connections for GM vehicles, so I am SOL. The Expedition was pretty pain free. X-Plan meant no negotiations were necessary so I am planning a strategy this time - not wanting to get caught flat footed.

-TG

·
Registered
405 Posts
You could try Costco pricing. Not sure where it falls above invoice, but you could get a starting point...

·
Registered
111 Posts
I agree w/ *Enclave* My first step in the buying process was to go through Costco's website and get in touch with the local Costco-Buick dealer. The price I received (along w/$500 Conquest incentive) was $600 over invoice. I then, for giggles, went through carsdirect.com and sent out a blanket request to the local dealers to see what they would offer. The Costco quote was the best and the dealer was only 15 miles away. I don't have time to send out faxes/emails to every dealership in 250 mile radius, so the carsdirect.com was a good option. IMO, I thought $600 over invoice was pretty good, considering I could only find four Enclaves in stock in the whole metro area and I had to order mine...plus I hate to dicker.

Also, it was so easy to walk into the dealership, with my quote in hand, give a deposit and then walk out! It took us longer to drive to the dealership than it did to negotiate the price and order it!

Now...I am hoping by the time my 'baby' arrives in June there might be other incentives and maybeeeeee 0% financing! A girl can always dream, right?! :D

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the heads up on Costco. I was browsing costco.com briefly earlier and I didn't see any way to connect with car dealers. Anybody got a link?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I went to the Buick website and requested a quote from several dealers in my area. I got my special order at $100 over invoice.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks a million everyone! I believe I have a plan now.

What a great bunch of people.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts