EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Less than 200 KM on my new Enclave, and I can literally watch the gas guage drop as I drive. Computer says I am getting 11 MPG!!! 70% city driving. (20 litres per 100 km for you Canadians) But still...11 MPG. Can anyone confirm that at first they saw similar numbers and there has been substantial improvement? I am not really a stickler for MPG as I am a pretty low km user, but 11 MPG???
thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
I know there are other threads regarding this, but I started around 17mpg, dropped to around 14-15mpg for about a month, then stabilized to 16.8 where I've been ever since.

If you search the other threads, you'll see others' experiences and possible explanations (driving habits, break-in period, etc.)

·
Registered
509 Posts
Remember to take the DIC with a grain of salt, reseting when you fill up, etc. Also, do a paper calculation (fill up, rest trip meter, then at next fill up, divide the miles you went by how much it takes to fill back up). If you've been doing nothing but stop & go and the average not reset in a while, it will tend to look bad.

Fill up, reset, and occasionally check your average and especially so at the next fill up to see what your real "average" is. Remembering that it's a) new, b) heavy, and c) depends a lot on how you drive. Should be able to do mid to sometimes high teens around town (mostly mid, though) and then high teens/low to mid 20's on the highway. Seems like a lot, with steady speed, people easily get into the 20's cruising.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Petero said:
Less than 200 KM on my new Enclave, and I can literally watch the gas guage drop as I drive. Computer says I am getting 11 MPG!!! 70% city driving. (20 litres per 100 km for you Canadians) But still...11 MPG. Can anyone confirm that at first they saw similar numbers and there has been substantial improvement? I am not really a stickler for MPG as I am a pretty low km user, but 11 MPG???
thanks
The first few tanks always suck. You will find it gets better after about 4-5k miles as the drivetrain "loosens up". Also, not sure if they use ethanol up there or not, but your mileage will be lower if there's ethanol in the gas. We pretty consistently see 17-18 on our AWD Enclaves in demo service, so it will get better. Remember, too, if you use your remote start, you're getting 0 MPG during warmup!

Good luck and enjoy the new ride!

·
Registered
344 Posts
I'm averaging around 15.4 MPG, driving around town (but not a lot of stops). Hwy we get up to around 18 or 19 if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Drove from FL to NC and got 24mpg on each of two tankfuls of gas.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sounds strange to me. With very few miles on the odometer I went over and back through the Cascades and averaged 22.3mpg driving between 60-80mph for most of the trip. I currently get about 16.5mpg with 100% city driving.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
snoopy said:
Drove from FL to NC and got 24mpg on each of two tankfuls of gas.
Here too - we usually get right at 24mpg with a/c on extended trips at about 5mph over the posted limit.

Went up to Birmingham a couple weeks back, bucking a strong headwind & DIC registered just under 22mpg. Coming back later that night with no appreciable wind, it improved to just under 24mpg overall - about 180 miles round trip.

My neighborhood/city mileage seems to be 17/19 - never had seen lower than 17.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I am always surprised when I drive my wife's Enclave. She drives mostly around town and the average MPG displayed is always 11-12 MPG. This is disapointing. We now have 5500 miles on the Enclave. Otherwise we really love it.

·
Registered
225 Posts
With over 2,000 miles on the odometer, I take the Enclave on long trips for a great ride with full load at good (low 20s) MPG. On the other hand, its not a town car. When I go out for a gallon of milk, I take our small sedan to get that same MPG on short trips.

=========================================================
Just fooling ;D. I take the Enclave anyway, just for the sheer pleasure of it!

·
Registered
717 Posts
Halle's mom said:
I'm averaging around 15.4 MPG, driving around town (but not a lot of stops). Hwy we get up to around 18 or 19 if I remember correctly.
This is just about the same as we get with an AWD CXL

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have AWD and on a 1100 mile trip got 21mpg..............30-40 mph head wind going out none coming back.
i'm pretty sure it will get 23 with out wind.

·
Registered
532 Posts
With FWD, we are seeing low to mid 20's @ 2000 miles on the odometer. On a recent highway run, I tried driving gently without cruise control and got 26.2. IMO, the cruise tends to be a bit too "aggressive" when going uphill. If you are content to allow the car to remain in a higher gear and lose 2-3 mph up a grade, the mileage seems to improve.

·
Registered
20 Posts
We just did a 3000+ mile road trip from Texas to Florida and back. For the entire run, the DIC says 20.2, with an average speed of about 58mph. I won't say what the cruise control was set to. :) This is an AWD CXL.

joe

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Sounds about like ours. We are 1500+ miles into a 3000 mile trip. DIC says we are getting right at 20 mpg, cruise control set to 75-80 most of the time.

·
Registered
16 Posts
We have CXL AWD. On the highway easy cruising at 65-70 mph we get 25-27 mpg. Throw in some city driving and more aggressive and our overall avg. is about 20mpg.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm just going to let myself be the idiot who hasn't read the owners manual yet on the car. Did on my Nav though! How do I reset the displays on the instrument panel? ie: tripometer, MPG, etc. I know, I know.... I am being lazy.... but since you guys are such a great support group ::)

·
Registered
410 Posts
Hold the left-most button of that row of four tiny buttons on the dashboard. [You know the row -- you press the right-most one to cycle among the options.]

1 - 20 of 101 Posts