EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In what I fear will get the stupid question of the month award, I can't for the life of me figure out how to sort the address book entries in the nav system. Right now they are there in the order in which I entered addresses. I can't (WON'T) believe that GM is so stupid as to not allow some way to organize the address book entries, so I'm assuming I'm missing something?

·
Registered
333 Posts
jbradfor said:
In what I fear will get the stupid question of the month award, I can't for the life of me figure out how to sort the address book entries in the nav system. Right now they are there in the order in which I entered addresses. I can't (WON'T) believe that GM is so stupid as to not allow some way to organize the address book entries, so I'm assuming I'm missing something?
:ditto:

I don't have my Nav manual handy but my wife and I had this conversation today. They can't be serious, can they? After having several navi cars, there should be buttons labeled: "name", "distance", "date" or whatever...very strange but it could be operator error! :help:

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Same frustration here! Sorting an address list is about as basic as it comes. What a stupid decision!! :eek:hno:

·
Registered
4 Posts
rockyp said:
Same frustration here! Sorting an address list is about as basic as it comes. What a stupid decision!! :eek:hno:
SO if you had to do it over again, would you get Nav? Seems not connected if you go off route. Keeps giving directions like you made the turns it said to make. Any comments appreciated before I order mine !

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
natalulu said:
SO if you had to do it over again, would you get Nav? Any comments appreciated before I order mine !
Yes, I would, but I'm very disappointed with the User Interface. While I have not owned another Nav system (stand-alone or built-in), I think this is probably one of the worse, as I can't believe someone else could do it worse. I already ranted on it somewhere else, so I won't bore others with my issues.

It does work well for the basic functions. I have used it about a dozen times in 3 different cities, and thought the directions were just fine. I've already discovered a couple of "short cuts" from the Nav system that I probably would not have otherwise. I don't use it very often, but in new cities just knowing I have it makes me more confident.

The only really good feature is the voice tags. Use them.

natalulu said:
Seems not connected if you go off route. Keeps giving directions like you made the turns it said to make.
This has not been my experience. When I go off-course it does take a bit of time for it to realize this, and calculate a new route. However, I understand why it takes a bit to realize it: due to the uncertainly of the GPS position, it has to be really really certain that you are somewhere else before it does a new route.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
natalulu said:
SO if you had to do it over again, would you get Nav? Seems not connected if you go off route. Keeps giving directions like you made the turns it said to make. Any comments appreciated before I order mine !
If I had it to do over again, I probably would have stayed in my Acura MDX. The Enclave is not that big an upgrade...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts