EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When polishing my 2012 Enclave yesterday I noticed that there are spaces between the bottom of my headlights and the bumper panel. I'm not talking about gaps where the bumper panel goes under the headlight but doesn't sit flush against the headlight, I'm talking about complete air spaces where the bottom of the headlight doesn't even touch the bumper panel. I'm trying to determine if this is normal or if this something I need to have fixed. Does anyone else have this?

·
Registered
592 Posts
I Just went to my garage for you. I am sorry to report to you that I don't have any gaps what so ever below the headlight and the top of the bumper cover. It sounds like your bumper was Hit and perhaps it got out of position.

just took a picture, so if you want to private message me your email, I will send you a photograph. Unfortunately, I have a tough time using photobucket and posting pictures from my smartphone only.

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
I have gaps under mine, but the one under the driver's side a bit more than the other. It's no more than about a quarter inch. If yours is more than that, I would look into it.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
D_Richardson said:
When polishing my 2012 Enclave yesterday I noticed that there are spaces between the bottom of my headlights and the bumper panel. I'm not talking about gaps where the bumper panel goes under the headlight but doesn't sit flush against the headlight, I'm talking about complete air spaces where the bottom of the headlight doesn't even touch the bumper panel. I'm trying to determine if this is normal or if this something I need to have fixed. Does anyone else have this?
Got any pictures so we can compare ours to yours?
:worthless:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Mine has a gap as well D. On the right side, from the bottom of the radius and continues to the mating point of the fender and bumper. The gap is about a quarter inch wide. the left side has no gap at all. I noticed it when, of course, I got it home after purchasing it and went over every inch of the body. We bought it used. It looks to me like a quality control issue from the factory. No damage history or any signs of an impact.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Here is a photo of mine - excuse the dirty car! Gap is between zero and 1/16th of an inch across both lights.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
No gaps on mine other than what I consider "normal".

Attachments

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
We don't have any gaps, but things do fit poorly, so we'd probably have to see what kind of space we're talking about.

Last time the SA asked us if our car were involved in an accident involving the front end. He should already know the answer, it's GM, not the result of an accident!

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
I'll have to take a better look, but I think that mine appears like in cfedor's photo. I will confirm this as soon as I get a chance to look.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
A lot of folks seem to downplay the fit/finish on the Enclave, but if you compare it to a Korean, Japanese, or German car (even those made in the USA), it's like it's from another era. Again, not so with the Encore/Verano.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
john 070 said:
A lot of folks seem to downplay the fit/finish on the Enclave, but if you compare it to a Korean, Japanese, or German car (even those made in the USA), it's like it's from another era. Again, not so with the Encore/Verano.
The fit of my Enclave is comparable to that of my Subaru Tribeca. It's finish is far superior to the Tribeca's.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
I haven't stuck a screw driver or a finger into the "space that appears between the lens and the surrounding cowling, But what appears in there seems to be either a rubber gasket or the actual black frame housing of the headlamp assembly itself. But, yeah, I cannot see directly thru to the insides of the engine compartment nor down to the ground or into the fender wells.

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
Seems to be case by case. I was looking at a different Enclave recently while it was parked right in front of a window where I was sitting at McDonalds. The hood was not aligned properly, had different gaps on each side. Ours is not like that, hood fits good. Unsure if the one I was looking at was repaired or not, that's the missing piece of the puzzle.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
The fit of my Enclave is comparable to that of my Subaru Tribeca. It's finish is far superior to the Tribeca's.
. That doesn't bode well for Subaru....the ones I saw in the mall seemed ok, but was not up to snuff like a Kia or Hyundai....

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
john 070 said:
. That doesn't bode well for Subaru....the ones I saw in the mall seemed ok, but was not up to snuff like a Kia or Hyundai....
True. I have been disappointed with the paint quality on both of my Subarus. The fit is good, just not great. But, more importantly, Subaru is known for durability and reliability.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
True. I have been disappointed with the paint quality on both of my Subarus. The fit is good, just not great. But, more importantly, Subaru is known for durability and reliability.
See where I'm coming from is the human eye should not be able to see that something is not lined up, etc. I can look at an Enclave dash and see the trim does not line up properly with the center console, and this was the case also on cars in the showroom. This never happens on a Hyundai, and actually not on a Verano or Encore either. Ditto with bumper covers, different fit on left and right rears, etc. That is a 80's thing.... :)

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
If you think that the Enclave's fit is 1980s, you should see my father's 1987 Buick Grand National. I can fit the tip of my pinky finger between some of the body panels. I never realized how bad things were back then.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
8 Participants
GoldEnclave
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing