EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

Spare Tire Cable

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  rbarrios 
#1 ·
Looking for a little help. I have a 2011 Enclave 2wd. I successfully used the spare, plugged the original tire and reinstalled everything. When I went to place the spare back under the vehicle the metal retainer will not come down. I tried raising it all the way up and down to no avail. I tried rotating the retainer pin around and it won't come down. The cable goes down. Anyone have this issue?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I figured it out. You have to pull with constant pressure on the retainer when it is at the top (stowed position). If you don't it will get stuck and only the cable will come down. Btw I used this tire plugs from Autozone and they worked great.

#3 ·
Someone is going to cry that you should have had it patched from the inside but I've used those tire plugs lots of times on punctures and never had an issue, including a set of r-compound race tires that I autocrossed on until they corded.

#4 ·
I saw your post yesterday and was going to reply..
then the post disappeared. I couldnt find it. Even searched for it.

But I was going to say- its odd- because there was no corrosion visible in your undercarriage.
Glad you were able to get it to work.
Just last week I aired up tires to 36 PSI cold-- and put my spare back up to 60 PSI. (It was at 45).
Though 1 time a year- I raise and lower my spare to make sure its all good....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.