EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just took my car to the dealer for a spark plug change and I decided to take a look under the hood. I see no disturbance to the general spark plug area. It looks like it hasn't been touched. Are they lying to me that they did the job or is it possible that they could do it and have it look completely undisturbed (dust, dirt and all)?

I'm wondering if I should make an issue with the dealership or not . . . please lend me your advice!

Automotive design Vehicle Gas Auto part Automotive exterior

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Black Automotive design

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would say yes, but that is the only spot that looks even remotely like it was disturbed. None of the other bolts have shininess. The whole manifold cover has to come out for this job and I see no other signs of activity under this engine cover. I think I'm going to pull one of the plugs in the front and take a look. I'd hate to go to the dealership and accuse them of something and be wrong about it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, I pulled the plug where there was a little bit of shininess. I'm no expert, but it appears to be in pretty good condition and I could buy that this plug has 150 miles on it, not 100,000 miles. Does this look that way to you?
Hand Finger Automotive tire Auto part Gas

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I definitely agree. There is a distinct difference on the upper threads and the prong. Thanks for the info! I feel a little bad being so skeptical.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts