EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Enclave has only approx 975 miles after 4 months of local driving. Within a week after delivery, while driving toward the Sun, I noticed Sparkling Chips in my Windshield. I was at the Dealership when the Truck drove in with my Enclave. I didn't think about it until much later, my Enclave was on top and up front of the Big Rig and everyone came out to see it because of the WDT and AWD which the Dealer hadn't had any of those before that time. Since it was hauled in front, you'd think they would have covered the Front end and the Windshield. Tiny Rock and Road Grime peppered the front of my Enclave and driving it home on a Rainy Day, I couldn't see anything wrong. Didn't notice until later on, the tiny Chip marks on the Windshield.
After realizing I should have at least made them aware of it, they probably would think it happened while I was driving. Oh well, I'll be more attentive If I trade for an 09.
Has anyone noticed whether they had a similar problem like that??

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Not here. But who'd a thunk??? You gotta watch everything these days :banghead:

For the record, Invisible Glass is a product that really makes glass invisible!! Incredible stuff. Also Rain-X may help a little? Good luck with that beauty :thumb:

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Smokin SRX said:
Not here. But who'd a thunk??? You gotta watch everything these days :banghead:

For the record, Invisible Glass is a product that really makes glass invisible!! Incredible stuff. Also Rain-X may help a little? Good luck with that beauty :thumb:
You're right. Go over that New Vehicle with a Fine Tooth Comb which I usually do but the Windshield Problem is only noticeable on bright Sunny days while driving into the Sun.
Rain-X is a best kept secret. I use it on all my Vehicles all the time. It's excellent on the Freeway. Sometimes I don't even need Wipers. I've even kept on driving when others had to pull off under Overpasses because of heavy Rain. It makes a big difference.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Well, I would still complain to the dealer. They have insurance specifically for things like that. The trucking company insurance company is the one who pays for the damage, I believe. And if they say you did not notice it at pick up, you can say, "Yes, just as you did not notice it at DELIVERY". And a I think replacement windshield is not too big of a deal to do.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I noticed after my trip to North Carolina that there were a lot of tiny "sparkling chips" in my windshield that were noticeable while driving into the sun. I think these windshields have soft glass and are susceptable to chipping.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts