1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I definitely lean more to the right than left but I don't consider myself a member of either party. What I find so disappointing is the lack of quality moderate candidates. It seems like the fringe lunatics of both parties are starting to have control.

I think Bernie Sanders scares me more than Trump.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, agree, I don't support Hillary, Sanders is very liberal and from a small state (well he's from Brooklyn). I'd rather vote for the other Senator Leahy.

The future is the Cruz, Rubio, Bookers of the world, but they are not ready at this point (I guess the day comes in everyone's life when the President is younger than he/she, not yet for me LOL)....

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Yes most, if not all, realize that I am a Democrat. My husband though is a staunch Libertarian. Although I have voted for several Republican Presidents during my time, last one being "W" in 2004, only time I voted for him.

I have not decided which Democrat I would pick for the primary yet. I am leaning more towards Senator Sanders though. But, if Biden would decide to run....

Heck I wasn't a Hillary fan when she was running for the Presidential Democratic bid in 2008.

My husband was a McCain fan in 2008, until his team picked Sarah Palin to run with him. The my husband said..."big mistake", and it was.

As for Congressman John Boehner retiring, I could see it coming. If Eric Cantor had not lost his re-election, Congressman Boehner would have stepped down back then. He only stayed for that reason.

It is going to be interesting to see who they pick to replace him. Some of my friends are thinking Rep. Kevin McCarthy of California to be the next speaker of the house. Guess we will need to wait and see.

Of course Congressman Boehner's shining achievement is getting Pope Francis to speak yesterday. I watched all of it, and I watched him speak at the UN today.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
sailfish
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing