EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
No. Thought about it, but they only come in black. Also, with the composite material already there I felt there is less need, i.e. no paint chipping.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I'm also debating the use of splash guards. The contoured guards don't seem to protect or fit very well as they are a generic splash guard. The molded guards are custom made for the vehicle, but are not available for the Enclave yet. I've always had splash guards (Or mud flaps, as we called them) on my cars and think they are a great idea to protect your car and the one following you. There's an interesting thread on the Acadia forum with pictures of both.
http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=210.0
It's 4 pages so you have to look around a little for the pictures, but well worth a look.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the splash guards on the rear of my Enclave, but not on the front. I would really like them on the front, but the dealership couldn't figure out for sure how to attach them to the front. With the composite material already there, they were thinking they wouldn't be needed as much on front. The composite material does cut down on the splash a little bit, but not enough. I really feel that they should be on the front also. The rear splash guards help tremendously and they look great. They blend right in with the rest of the vehicle.

·
Registered
525 Posts
dwillissd said:
I have the splash guards on the rear of my Enclave, but not on the front. I would really like them on the front, but the dealership couldn't figure out for sure how to attach them to the front. With the composite material already there, they were thinking they wouldn't be needed as much on front. The composite material does cut down on the splash a little bit, but not enough. I really feel that they should be on the front also. The rear splash guards help tremendously and they look great. They blend right in with the rest of the vehicle.
Any chance you could post a couple of pictures?

·
Registered
12 Posts
jacko said:
I am out of town right now, but will do my best to post pictures as soon as I get back.

·
Registered
525 Posts
dwillissd said:
I am out of town right now, but will do my best to post pictures as soon as I get back.
Thanks! I'd appreciate that.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I put the splash guards on both the front and back wheels. I put the black Tri-Shield on the back and the plain black on the front. They said the black Tri-Shield ones only fit the back. But there is no difference in the plain black ones I got for the front from the Tri-Shield ones I got for the back other then the mounting screws. I did find that the ones on the front rubbed the tires when the wheels are turned, so i had to attach the inner portion of the splash guard to the inner venderwell material to hold them back away from the tires. This was due to the fact that the inner side of the fenderwell is not perfectly parallel with the tire, it makes the splash guards angle in closer to the tires toward the inside. I simply screwed a large self tapping sheet metal screw thru the splash guard into the plastic inner fenderwell material. I definitely like the Tri-Shield ones better and am thinking of buying another set of them to replace the plain black ones I put on the front. They do help keep the sides cleaner. I also put the window vent shades on her, and we think they look great!!! They are very streamlined and not near as bulky as the ones you would normally get, as you can bearly get your fingers between the vent shade and the window glass once they are installed.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JRacer said:
I put the splash guards on both the front and back wheels. I put the black Tri-Shield on the back and the plain black on the front. They said the black Tri-Shield ones only fit the back. But there is no difference in the plain black ones I got for the front from the Tri-Shield ones I got for the back other then the mounting screws. I did find that the ones on the front rubbed the tires when the wheels are turned, so i had to attach the inner portion of the splash guard to the inner venderwell material to hold them back away from the tires. This was due to the fact that the inner side of the fenderwell is not perfectly parallel with the tire, it makes the splash guards angle in closer to the tires toward the inside. I simply screwed a large self tapping sheet metal screw thru the splash guard into the plastic inner fenderwell material. I definitely like the Tri-Shield ones better and am thinking of buying another set of them to replace the plain black ones I put on the front. They do help keep the sides cleaner. I also put the window vent shades on her, and we think they look great!!! They are very streamlined and not near as bulky as the ones you would normally get, as you can bearly get your fingers between the vent shade and the window glass once they are installed.
Thanks for the information. How difficult were these to install? Also can you post any photos? Also cost and ordering info please! ;D

·
Registered
73 Posts
I was able to install the fronts without removing the tires, simply turned them. For the rears I had to remove the tires. before removing the tires, I had my wife hold one up to the vehicle while I viewed it from the back. Once she had it where I wanted it, I marked it and then held the two rear splash guards back to back with each other and then predrilled the holes.

I bought the splash guards, window vent shades, and cargo net from our dealer who matched the prices I found on the internet. I don't remember exactly the breakdown but we bought all 3 items for $125. I think the splash guards were $13 - $14 a set.

I'll be giving the Enclave a bath this week, so I'll take some pictures and post them then.

·
Registered
12 Posts
jacko said:
I posted pictures today of my Enclave with the splashguards (both front and rear) and assist steps. Sorry it took me awhile. I am very happy with the splashguards, as well as the assist steps. To me, the Enclave doesn't look complete with out these. Initially, I didn't have splashguards on the front because we had trouble finding some to fit. However, my husband found some and had the dealership install them. These blend well with the vehicle and do a great job of cutting down the splash and protecting the 'Clave's body.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Look nice!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I too have installed both front and back splas guards. I think they look pretty spiffy! ;D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts