EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the server having problems?

I use a Mac an Safari and easily 1/2 the time I get a time out error trying to get to the Enclave forum.

A

·
0 Posts
I've had no other complaints and haven't experienced any issues myself. Most of our issues seem to revolve around a bad ad here or there. Next time you see it taking too long to load, look at the browser status bar and see if you can tell what's trying to load and having problems.

·
Registered
61 Posts
USe MAc/Safari and Leopard. Once in a while - does not recognize password - but no other problems

·
Registered
20 Posts
Is the server having problems?

I use a Mac an Safari and easily 1/2 the time I get a time out error trying to get to the Enclave forum.
I am having the same problem. Except I experience the problem 3/4 the time. I also tried loading with Firefox and have the same problem. This problem has come up within the last two weeks

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
No problem here - I don't remember ever having a problem. Using IE7/Vista Ultimate.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Ditto--negative problems. Use AOL.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
skyline said:
I am having the same problem. Except I experience the problem 3/4 the time. I also tried loading with Firefox and have the same problem. This problem has come up within the last two weeks
I was being nice. I have it most of the time when I try to get to the site.

Yes, it does appear to be within the last couple of weeks.

Here is the exact error I am getting:

Database Error: Lost connection to MySQL server during query
File: /home/content/s/d/r/sdrennan/html/enclave/Sources/Security.php
Line: 279

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just an FYI, I have had the same problems using Firefox on my Mac, so it isn't just a Safari issue.

A

·
0 Posts
I'm just not getting any complaints about this from other than the two complaints on this thread. I don't really know how to start looking into an issue that I have no way to duplicate. I'll take a look at the support forums and see if I can find anything on this issue...

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just an FYI: I switched to my Linux machine (using Firefox) and my windows machine (using IE and Firefox). Both have the same problems.

I am using Cox communications for my Internet if anyone else is having this problem, it would be nice to know what ISP they are using.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Maybe that is the issue as I too use COX as my ISP. In DC this weekend and using the son-in-law's computer and his ISP is Verizon and getting speedy connections without error.

·
Registered
425 Posts
skyline said:
Maybe that is the issue as I too use COX as my ISP. In DC this weekend and using the son-in-law's computer and his ISP is Verizon and getting speedy connections without error.
I too am using Cox for my broadband provider. No problems in last six months or however long it has been since our Administrator cleaned up the website.
One difference for my good service from Cox may be that they just finished an extensive fiber optic upgrade coming down the easement areas here in Tulsa. It may be wishful thinking but even my wife noticed the improved service from Cox.
I am far from being knowledgeable in this are so that is the extent of what I can contribute.
I am getting on thin ice here, but I also use AOL for email and some file storage. It requires disk clean up on a routine basis to keep it up and running. Don't want to go too far into discussion on AOL. I have been married over 52 years to a wonderful, loving and supportive wife. It is not a fault but she is, I believe the currently term to be, technically challenged. I have attempted to move her onto other email systems to no avail.
I may be old and not too smart, but I am not stupid. I know when I have a good thing going and I am not going to rock the boat! :eek:hno:
BD

A

·
0 Posts
Ok guys, I've looked into this and found a potential change that might be helpful. To keep from influencing the group, I'm going to make this change on one of my two main forums (Acadiaforum and Enclaveforum) and leave the other as-is for a week. If you still see those DB connect errors, please let me know. Hopefully, the fixed forum will improve and the placebo will stay the same. Reply to this thread with your DB connect errors.

Thanks,
admin

·
Registered
20 Posts
On my third try to log in to our site I was able to connect. On the two previous I received this message:

Database Error: Lost connection to MySQL server during query
File: /home/content/s/d/r/sdrennan/html/enclave/Sources/Security.php
Line: 279

This appears to be the same problem.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Still having issues with the Enclave Forum. The Acadia forum seems to respond ok.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I too am still having connection problems. Sometimes it take 5 plus attempts to log on to our site. Have not tried the Acadia forum.

A

·
0 Posts
Ok guys, Time to update this. After a week, I've gotten no more complaints from acadiaforum.net (the site that received the changes) and several more from enclaveforum.net (the site that did not receive the changes). This (hopefully) means the changes made there have solved the SQL issues people were having, or at least significantly limited them. I'm going to make the changes on all forums now and see if we have even more improvements.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you, seems to have solved the problems.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thank you, seems to be working now without delay.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
7 Participants
skyline
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing