EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have the pedal squeak when you apply the brakes? I assume something needs to be lubed but I will take any brilliant insight before I bring it to the dealer.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
zman said:
Does anyone else have the pedal squeak when you apply the brakes? I assume something needs to be lubed but I will take any brilliant insight before I bring it to the dealer.
Could it be your knee???? ;) No, sorry, no squeaks here.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Smokin SRX said:
Could it be your knee???? ;) No, sorry, no squeaks here.
Nope, the knees snap and pop, but no squeaking.

·
Registered
29 Posts
zman, my breaks squeak, but only in the mornings when I turn on the car for the first time. It happens when I reverse out of the garage that it squeaks. But it seems to do it only once. And here I thought that they were just the voices in my head acting up again....

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
iowast8rs said:
zman, my breaks squeak, but only in the mornings when I turn on the car for the first time. It happens when I reverse out of the garage that it squeaks. But it seems to do it only once. And here I thought that they were just the voices in my head acting up again....
Are you talking about the brake pads or the pedal? Mine is definitely the pedal because it does it as soon as I touch the pedal, before the vehicle begins to move.

R

·
0 Posts
any car pedel squeaks if you press it hard, like your going 70 and some idiot comes in your lane, you SLAM and is makes a squeak, or just moving it makes it squeak, like it needs wd-40 or somthing.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I know that the brake pedal squeaked most of the time on our SV6. The dealer checked it out 3 times and the last time they lubricated the entire line I think. I'm pretty sure the squeaking is minimal now.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I've got an annoying squeaky brake pedal also. Not the brakes, the brake pedal. What I really find interesting is the squeak is only noticable when the motor is running which I think can only mean it might have something to do with the power brakes? You don't have to be moving to hear it. Just start the Clave & press the pedal & the noise is there. I have tried WD40 without much help. I hate to take it to the dealer for this but might have to because my wife talks about everytime we're in the Clave together, very annoying!
:help:

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
No squeak here.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I've had my Enclave since July 3rd & this has just developed in the past several weeks. It is annoying when your driving without the radio/CD playing. I'll mention it to my dealer when I take it in for an oil change soon.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I have the same squeak. Happens only with the engine running. Never noticed it before, probably because I always have my radio playing. I doubt that I'll bother with service for just this issue, but will monitor this thread for further developments.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Re: Squeaky Brake Pedal TSB PIT3799C

I just had my car in for service and mentioned the squeaky break pedal
and it turns out there is a tsb for it.

The TSB number according to my receipt is PIT3799C.
They flushed the brake fluid and put in new fluid.

I just picked up the car last night and haven't heard
the squeak again yet.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

enclave08 said:
I just had my car in for service and mentioned the squeaky break pedal
and it turns out there is a tsb for it.

The TSB number according to my receipt is PIT3799C.
They flushed the brake fluid and put in new fluid.

I just picked up the car last night and haven't heard
the squeak again yet.
Thanks. I'll bring this up next time we bring the vehicle in, whenever that may be. I am waiting for issues to stack up, but there seem to be so few issues, I will let this one slide for awhile.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts

zman said:
Thanks. I'll bring this up next time we bring the vehicle in, whenever that may be. I am waiting for issues to stack up, but there seem to be so few issues, I will let this one slide for awhile.
I never responded to your intial post, but mine does the same thing whcn I first hit it then goes away. The squeak sounds like it is in the pedal area itself, I am surprised that changing the break fluid makes the difference?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Maybe a squirrel crawled up under your hood....... :rofl: I feel a new "Enclave Owners do it..................coming on! :angel:

·
Registered
1,999 Posts

bsox said:
I never responded to your intial post, but mine does the same thing whcn I first hit it then goes away. The squeak sounds like it is in the pedal area itself, I am surprised that changing the break fluid makes the difference?

Bsox ............ I hate to say it, but I'm thinking what you are ;) Sounds like a dealer's shop that had some time on their hands.........and a can of WD-40 ;D

Just hope it's cured. :thumb:

·
Registered
80 Posts
I lurk on here as an Acadia owner...but I have noticed the same in my car. Just started about a week or two ago with approx 5800 miles on it. Have yet to get in there with the WD-40, but wanted to jump in to say it's not just the Enclave.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I think our Suburban had a similar pedal noise issue before, in the 20k range, and after the dealer lubed it once, it doesn't seem to have ever come back.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Mine does it for the first couple of times everytime the car has been sitting for more than an hour between starts, then goes away. I will mention it at the next oil change I guess and see what they say. Maybe sooner if I have time to get it in for the fuel gauge issue.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
About this Discussion
57 Replies
31 Participants
roguebabe
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing