EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took 2015 Enclave to dealership for squeaky brake pedal. They said it needed a brake booster replacement. They said they checked and said not covered by my extended warranty. Not very happy and if this is not fixed under my extended warranty or by dealership, this will be the last vehicle I purchase from them.

·
Registered
6,454 Posts
Theres a couple of 'fixes' for that.

new booster.
flushing the brake fluid (which I did- and quieted it down- and many miles later came back)
spraying WD-40 into some shaft- using a rubber tube and the red spray tip from the can. (someone had a how to on this).

·
Registered
62 Posts
We just started having this issue. Thought it might just need WD40 but after seeing this wondering if I should take mine end. My purchase warranty ends in less than a month. Is this a common issue with the Enclave.

·
Registered
6,454 Posts
this was common on the Acadia, Enclave, Traverse.

if the dealer fixes- you pay.
its not a recall or anything.
maybe if youre under bumber to bumper.

·
Registered
62 Posts
this was common on the Acadia, Enclave, Traverse.

if the dealer fixes- you pay.
its not a recall or anything.
maybe if youre under bumber to bumper.
We are still under bumper to bumper and our purchase warranty. Is this covered by manufactures warranty?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yesterday there was this problem on my 2015 Enclave. I took the WD-40 and poured the pedal shaft. It is very difficult to climb there. But the sound passed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We are still under bumper to bumper and our purchase warranty. Is this covered by manufactures warranty?
Brake booster needed and was covered under my extended warranty since car was over 50,000 miles. Dealer said it would have been covered under the bumper to bumper warranty. Brake booster took care of problem.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Brake booster needed and was covered under my extended warranty since car was over 50,000 miles. Dealer said it would have been covered under the bumper to bumper warranty. Brake booster took care of problem.
Sorry this sounds shaky to me. My 09 traverse did that and my 15 E does it also and never had a problem with my brakes. I think i would have had a second opinion. To me wd 40 would have done the job. Hope you had no out of pocket money involved.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
fcar53
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing