EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to all this forum stuff so bare with me lol. My wife and just purchased a 2008 Buick Enclave and my concern is that when you start pulling off and turn the wheel to either the right or left there is this squeaking sound that comes from seems to be the left rear but I'm not completely sure I haven't had a chance or a helper to fully CK it out has anyone else experienced this issue

·
Registered
609 Posts
Haven't heard much about squeaking but usually when it is associated with turning, it is sometimes a wheel bearing. You can jack it up, secure with jack stands and chock wheels, then check for play in the wheels. While you are there check for worn components. How many miles?

·
Super Moderator
500 Posts
Usually a wheel bearing will make noise turning one way and get better turning the other, as you load up that bearing or unload it. It's rare they'll go bad on both sides at once.

What about the brake pads? Maybe the noise is the wear indicators starting to rub the rotors?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Turns out as I was backing into my driveway lastnight, I noticed my rear wheels squeaking. I wasn’t turning and it is only in reverse, I suspect something with brakes, maybe park brake hanging up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
  • It's got a little over 160,000 I'm trying to tell my wife and myself it's not a bad vehicle but I'm noticing a few things that concern me like sometimes when you take off and start going it does like almost a sputter thing or like it's slipping and also the airbag light is on and it says to service the airbag system I'm sorry for putting it out there like that I'm just getting aggravated and thank you for giving me the idea of checking my bearings that's what I'll do asap

·
Registered
609 Posts
No it isn't a bad vehicle, but it does tend to get expensive after 150,000 miles though. I had a 08 Saturn Outlook which I had to rebuild the transmission, new P.S Rack, P.S Pump, after the special coverage of course. I did get 212,000 miles on it before I sold it. Did you replace the plugs at 100K? As far as the airbag light goes, did the under seat connector recall get done?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Turns out as I was backing into my driveway lastnight, I noticed my rear wheels squeaking. I wasn’t turning and it is only in reverse, I suspect something with brakes, maybe park brake hanging up.
Sometimes brakes just do that. Try a few hard stops and see if it changes. I wouldn't be surprised if it goes away on its own if it's pads making the noise.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No it isn't a bad vehicle, but it does tend to get expensive after 150,000 miles though. I had a 08 Saturn Outlook which I had to rebuild the transmission, new P.S Rack, P.S Pump, after the special coverage of course. I did get 212,000 miles on it before I sold it. Did you replace the plugs at 100K? As far as the airbag light goes, did the under seat connector recall get done?
We just bought it used and we didn't know anything about a recall for this issue thank you for bringing that to my attention the next question I have is does it make a difference that we bought it used?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts