EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts
C Traz

Was that $140 plus installation for two advanced remotes? A dealer has quoted my $495 for one advanced remote including installation?

By the way, does it make any difference if you order the remote with the vehicle?

speed48,

Yes. That was $140.00 for 2 remotes with installation. I negotiated that at the time as an add on when I was negotiating the price for my Enclave. My Enclave was dealer stock. They installed them before I picked up the vehicle 2 days later because I also had them add a clear bra for the front grill, hood, mirrors, door edges and door handle cups. They also added the 4 color coordinated splash guards installed for $60.00.

From what I've been reading, it looks like I got a sweet deal for the remotes.

CT

Discussion starter · #23 ·
speed48 said:
C Traz

Was that $140 plus installation for two advanced remotes? A dealer has quoted my $495 for one advanced remote including installation?

By the way, does it make any difference if you order the remote with the vehicle?
The big thing is whether you already have remote start/liftgate. You pay $100 more if you don't.
I'm expecting $150 for the part and 1.9 hours of labor.

Discussion starter · #24 ·
I am sitting in the waiting room at Vehicle Improvement Products (ViP) aka "ADI" installation shop 2 miles east of Lindbergh and a mile south of Page in St. Louis. I am having the 2 way fob installed right now.

Complete unboxing photo series to be presented in my gallery tonight..[/color]

Clave Man said:
I am sitting in the waiting room at Vehicle Improvement Products (ViP) aka "ADI" installation shop 2 miles east of Lindbergh and a mile south of Page in St. Louis. I am having the 2 way fob installed right now.

Complete unboxing photo series to be presented in my gallery tonight..[/color]
Good luck! Cant wait to see the pictures tonight!!!

Discussion starter · #27 ·
Mortifer said:
Good luck! Cant wait to see the pictures tonight!!!
You should have seen the looks on their faces as I took picture after picture of the unboxing.

("Unboxing" web sites abound for nerds like me who love gadgets like cell phones, computers etc. One guy actually had his very attractive, but properly clothed wife unbox Apple computer products once. His web page hits were through the roof!)

Hahhah! I bet. My dealer just called - my 2-way set is in. I also ordered an extra FOB, but they said those were unavailable. I am tempted to have them just order another kit and pay the extra few dollars so I have it now. :)

Discussion starter · #29 ·
I know that for the 2 Way Advanced Key Fob you can have "Fob 1" and "Fob 2" ("2nd Vehicle Mode"). You can't just buy a Fob though. It has to be programmed. Just call ADI after your dealer gets your first fob is installed. ADI will do the install anyway if your dealer is Fusz, Suntrup, or possibly Sinclair (they do some work for Sinclair)

Better yet skip the dealer and go to ADI. They got em in stock and can install while you wait (mine took 90 minutes).

You guys are lucky living in the same area to be able to share experiences with installers and dealers etc. I am in the middle of nowhere and I bet my guys have never even heard of the 2 way fob. They probably think it is a new dance craze or something.

Clave Man said:
I know that for the 2 Way Advanced Key Fob you can have "Fob 1" and "Fob 2" ("2nd Vehicle Mode"). You can't just buy a Fob though. It has to be programmed. Just call ADI after your dealer gets your first fob is installed. ADI will do the install anyway if your dealer is Fusz, Suntrup, or possibly Sinclair (they do some work for Sinclair)

Better yet skip the dealer and go to ADI. They got em in stock and can install while you wait (mine took 90 minutes).
Mind if I ask how much it was for the equipment and install?

One of the most frustrating things is working with dealers who know far less about the car than you do. I called three dealers in the area and they do not know the advanced two-way remote exist. Needless to say, they want to charge an outrageous amount of money for the remote and the installation. Anyway to identify companies that install these remotes?

It's easy to sync the 2-way advanced remotes to your vehicle once the antenna is installed. You can also sync the original remotes too, but all the remotes have to be done at the same time. You can sync up to 8 remotes to one vehicle.

CT

sorry to bring back an old thread, but was hoping that the OP wouldn't mind posting up the owner's manual for the system... I know the install guide is here, but in the Enclave that I just bought, it's already installed, I just want to read up on using it...

Gottspd,

Here is the manual in PDF format in 3 sections. Hope it helps. Someone on the forum was nice enough to scan it and send it to me. I printed it up and cut out each page and bound it together to make my own manual to keep in my glovebox.

CT

Attachments

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.