EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I am new to this forum, but have my Enclave 2011 since we bought in in 2010. We currently live in Europe.

Here the problem. The Stabilitrack Control light and Message have been on now for almost two years. No Mechanic was ever able to get rid of it, not even GM official shops. We have replaced by now all parts of the Stabilitrack system and gotten rid of all error codes, but the light and message are still on.
Now our local DMV is refusing to approve the car to be fit for street and threaten to revoke license if not fixed.

What can we do / have to do to get rid of this message and light?

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
46 Posts
hdi1066 said:
Hi
I am new to this forum, but have my Enclave 2011 since we bought in in 2010. We currently live in Europe.

Here the problem. The Stabilitrack Control light and Message have been on now for almost two years. No Mechanic was ever able to get rid of it, not even GM official shops. We have replaced by now all parts of the Stabilitrack system and gotten rid of all error codes, but the light and message are still on.
Now our local DMV is refusing to approve the car to be fit for street and threaten to revoke license if not fixed.

What can we do / have to do to get rid of this message and light?

Thanks for any help
Stabilitrack is tied into the sensors in the wheel bearing hub. You could have a bad sensor, broken wire or bad connection to the hub. Any of those things would cause the light to come on.

·
Registered
335 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Strange there are no codes. When you say "Official GM Shop" does that mean a GM Dealer?

If not used already, a GM scantool may be needed to find the fault. When my Stabilitrac warning went on recently, it was a BCM or body control module code for the brake light switch. In my case, the fault was intermittent so when the Stabilitrac warning message was on, the brake lights did not work. HOWEVER, I was able to retrieve the code with a generic scantool.

Please post your outcome if it gets fixed or not.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
here an update on my quest:

we had the Yaw sensor replaced (after having already replaced the BCM and Steering Wheel Position Sensor) ....still no luck. Went then to a GM dealer to have codes read with Tech2 and we are getting the following error codes:
C018600
C019600
U214200
C071000

we also have verified and measured (resistance) of all connectors and found that test 8, "Test for 50-70 Ω between the serial data circuits terminal 2 and 3" failed with greater than 100 Ω (133 Ω) which would point to the electronic brake control module.

I guess I will have to order that one now and pray that this will be the solution. I have replaced so much so far....

I will keep you posted

·
Registered
406 Posts
So it's not a "no codes" situation after all, just a case of not having it scanned with a tech 2?

Now that you have the codes sounds like you're on your way to fixing it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JayS said:
So it's not a "no codes" situation after all, just a case of not having it scanned with a tech 2?

Now that you have the codes sounds like you're on your way to fixing it.
you are right; before we checked with a generic reader which indicated no codes at all; now having read it with the tech2 we have the ones indicated above.....never ending story

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have found that there are so many things that trip the traction control lights, including things that arent related to traction control. The key is, is there other lights on other than the traction control such as the check engine light, brake light, etc. The traction control light by itself mentions issues with the traction control only. However, if it is accompanied by something unrelated, chances are that the issue that there is, is related to whatever the other light is. Ive had it come on, for example, low brake fluid. However, it was accompanied by the actual brake warning light. I have also had instances of the traction control coming on by itself and staying on, which was likely just a error of the traction control. That situation produced no codes even with the tech 2.

through my years, because i have driven almost all GM vehicles, i do know that just about anythign and everything related to the wheels can be tripped by wheel bearings, including ABS lights, traction control, etc. So, the question is, do you hear any kind of humming, whether loud or quiet, when you drive? or anythign else funny when you turn or drive, that might be related.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
7 Participants
melonhead
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing