EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
I just picked up the car from the service and it did not have anything wrong mechanically, they "cleared DTC and reprogram ECM/TCM". Hopefully we will not have any other problems
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,999 Posts
You may have lucked out. How long have you had? Miles on odometer? This new phenomena of "camshaft position Sensors" on what seems like some more recent build dates, is worth noting. Many get the Check Engine lite also as an indicator. But be advised a loose gas cap also causes that lite !

Your build date is quickly found on lower, inner, drivers door edge label, on door handle end. You may have to pull slightly with a finger on black weather stripping to see it.

Good luck and pls keep us posted.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
My car was build in Dec 07, around 18th. We took it in possession in Jan 6. It has only 1400 mi on it. Hopefully no more issues
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
something like this happened to me on fri. coming off an entrance ramp speed between 45-55mph 1400-1600 rpm and accelerating car lurches and for a moment seems very confused as to what gear it should be in. dic comes up first w/ stabilitrak then w/ traction control message. called onstar imediately, they see no errors, after about 3 min. i can reset the dic. it did not recur over the weekend and i am taking it to the dealer tonite. i have a hard time believing this could be a cam shaft issue w/ the way the car lurched. 9/07 build date, 4150 miles... no gauge sweep. any thoughts?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
721 Posts
bestcar said:
something like this happened to me on fri. coming off an entrance ramp speed between 45-55mph 1400-1600 rpm and accelerating car lurches and for a moment seems very confused as to what gear it should be in. dic comes up first w/ stabilitrak then w/ traction control message. called onstar imediately, they see no errors, after about 3 min. i can reset the dic. it did not recur over the weekend and i am taking it to the dealer tonite. i have a hard time believing this could be a cam shaft issue w/ the way the car lurched. 9/07 build date, 4150 miles... no gauge sweep. any thoughts?
Was it slippery on the ramp at all? Maybe the shift caused a low-traction situation and kicked on the stability control. How long did the light stay on?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
conditions were dry tralfaz, the traction control light was on for about 3 min, maybe less. i was completely off the ramp and accelerating on level ground. i've read other posts that mention a low hum heard by other members but i don't recall hearing anything like that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
picked up truck from dealer today error code p0024 was downloaded and the ecm was reprogrammed according to the service manual. the oil was also changed at this time. we'll see :-\
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,851 Posts
Truck??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,851 Posts
Yours may be a "truck" - mine is a wonderful, luxurious, finely tuned, quiet, loverly "SUV" or "car". :happy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
758 Posts
Technically, its a CUV or Crossover. I'm such a genius! :angel:

TM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
I have fallen into this category with our enclave. The message was displaying on the dash, but there were no codes available to Onstar. The message disappeared when the car was restarted. The dealer mentioned that it was a sensor. We dropped off the vehicle for a few days, and they did not find any additional issues. At least they gave us a 2012 Acadia for a loner. The dealer left the service ticket open in case the issue shows up again does not give me confidence that they have found the root cause.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,546 Posts
hdpayne said:
I have fallen into this category with our enclave. The message was displaying on the dash, but there were no codes available to Onstar. The message disappeared when the car was restarted. The dealer mentioned that it was a sensor. We dropped off the vehicle for a few days, and they did not find any additional issues. At least they gave us a 2012 Acadia for a loner. The dealer left the service ticket open in case the issue shows up again does not give me confidence that they have found the root cause.

hdpayne,
I am happy to hear that the dealer was able to take care of this issue for you. If you ever have any questions, comments or concerns please feel free to contact me.
Thank you,
Stacy Buick Customer Service
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Hello, I am new to this forum, however, the reason I joined was due to knowledge that has been shared here.
I am new owner to a 2008 Buick Enclave CXL and my issue is the stabilitrak/traction control indicator light.
We purchased our Buick in late December 2013 and it has been a wonderful car to own and drive. We had some trani issues at first, or so we thought...turns out it was a bad wiring issue and was easily fixed.
My concern now is why my stabilitrak/traction control light keeps coming on and stay on for about a minute and then goes off. It worries me because this is the vehicle I transport my daughter in. I am a soccer parent asell as a full time employee.
My reason for buying this vehicle was for the safety of my daughter.
Is this a common issue for this make and model? Should I be concerned? What are the general reasons for something such as this to occur.
I love my Buick. However I'm wondering if a lot of the issues I have read on here are in my future.
From reading previous info. here, I trust there are some very knowledgeable members that can assist me in figuring this Buick thing out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,825 Posts
Pearl_Enclave said:
Hello, I am new to this forum, however, the reason I joined was due to knowledge that has been shared here.
I am new owner to a 2008 Buick Enclave CXL and my issue is the stabilitrak/traction control indicator light.
We purchased our Buick in late December 2013 and it has been a wonderful car to own and drive. We had some trani issues at first, or so we thought...turns out it was a bad wiring issue and was easily fixed.
My concern now is why my stabilitrak/traction control light keeps coming on and stay on for about a minute and then goes off. It worries me because this is the vehicle I transport my daughter in. I am a soccer parent asell as a full time employee.
My reason for buying this vehicle was for the safety of my daughter.
Is this a common issue for this make and model? Should I be concerned? What are the general reasons for something such as this to occur.
I love my Buick. However I'm wondering if a lot of the issues I have read on here are in my future.
From reading previous info. here, I trust there are some very knowledgeable members that can assist me in figuring this Buick thing out.
Unless you are going to buy a vehicle over 10 years old, they all have computer systems that can fail. I believe almost all have some sort of stability control, and all have software that drives most the components, and computers can/will fail. No difference buying a Buick, or anything out there. All have to meet certain safety standards, so I wouldn't second guess purchasing anything these days....look at all the recalls, it's getting very strict these days.

There is a sensor near/on the air box, where the air filter is. Sometimes this can be loose. Also, other spots where sensors could be not correctly fastened. Just may need some investigating to find out what is causing it.
 
21 - 40 of 57 Posts
About this Discussion
56 Replies
26 Participants
cfedor
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing
Top