EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

Stabilitrak/Traction Control/Service Airbag

8K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  ibis1 
#1 ·
Good afternoon everyone, I just bought a 2014 AWD Enclave from an auction that had some significant damage to the passenger rear suspension, which has been fixed. Car also appears to have sat for some time now.

I am dealing with a few issues now and after watching a few videos and reading online, I need some help. There are no codes in the system after plugging in my OBD unit and checking via Torque app. After driving the car at various speeds and length of time the Evap system is "not ready" (see attached images).

Here are some symptoms and lights that are on:
1. The "service airbag" light is always on.
2. After driving 5-8 miles, the traction control light will come on followed shortly by the Stabilitrak light.
2a. After the lights come on, the car would randomly jerk as if it may be misfiring. If I stop and turn car off for a few seconds and restart, car will drive normally for 5-8miles again. Still no codes are displayed during this occurrence or when the car is off. The lights also reset as well, with the exception of the service air bag.

Any thoughts on what is happening? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: the evap not ready.... Number of miles you drive doesn't matter, in order for that test to be considered complete you have to do a full drive cycle, as defined by OBD2:

Airbag light is a fault. You'll need a high end scanner like a GM TechII to read that and see where the fault is.

The traction control/stabilitrak message is a nightmare. It's GM's blue screen of death basically and can be caused by many different things.

Here's an example of the 100's of threads out there complaining about this problem:

#3 ·
Thank you JayS, I am hoping the Evap not completing is a cause. Saw a YouTube video that had similar issue, but he was displaying issue codes and im not. Definitely will go through this cycle to see if I can get it to cycle through. Thanks again.

#4 ·
There is almost no chance your stabilitrak issue has anything to do with the evap drive cycle not being complete, but good luck.

Following that link I posted you can complete a full drive cycle in under 20 minutes assuming you're starting with a cold engine and have some empty 2 lane roads near by.

#5 ·
Thanks for that information and sharing. Going to drive shortly to complete the cycle. I would assume absolute no, but could a bad wheel sensor cause the car to jerk? Maybe the Stabilitrak, but not the Jerking?

Stabilitrak light comes on after about 8 miles of driving, then car jerks during any acceleration.

Thinking to do a tune up as well and change spark plugs.

#10 ·
Do you have a recommendation on a decent scanner or is it best to take to GM to diagnose?
I'm not sure what scanner would get into the level of detail you'd need outside the GM Tech 2. I use a BT dongle and a few different smart phone apps but none of them can do the stuff a Tech 2 can. I had one of my blindspot sensors go bad and ended up having to get it programmed by the dealer.

#11 · (Edited)
I'm not sure what scanner would get into the level of detail you'd need outside the GM Tech 2. I use a BT dongle and a few different smart phone apps but none of them can do the stuff a Tech 2 can. I had one of my blindspot sensors go bad and ended up having to get it programmed by the dealer.
[/QUOTE]
The Autoenginuity scanner is one of the most comprehensive non TechII, and Snapon tools I have seen.
EI02 Enhanced GM-family Expansion - autoenginuity
You would need the basic as well as the GM enhanced add on, less than $500 but worth it if you work on your own vehicle. I just haven't bitten the bullet yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.