EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive seen the traction control off thing before almost the whole time ive owned the car. But recently its been comin on alot and stabiltrac off light also but now its almost stalling out the tac is dropping instantly and jumpin back up almost like its stalling and comin back on. It did it twice on the highway today and almost caused an accident. And seriously bad one on a long skinny bridge with low guardrails and no breakdown lane over water. Literally couldn't have been a worse place to happen. Any ideas? Ive had so many problens with this car and just finished paying off loan for transmission control module that went almost 10 months ago. And again a week later . But the dealer fixed for free that time. I have 3 kids and we share 1 car and have to come up with cash for a rental everytime it needs fixing.
And in 2 and half years since i owned it its been alot of repairs. I just dont have the money to waste and need to find out as much as i can on my own to try and save money

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok well just an update. I after 2 an half years and almost 4 grand in repairs and tons of headaches and stress. I gave up and traded it in for a dodge durango citadel hemi 5.7 loaded . I use to have a Durango and never had any problems except brake pads and basic crap. But 4 years of dependability . And one time check engine light came on dodge was awesome. Checked for free and fixed in hour for 120 bucks parts and labor. Egr valve or something. Just to look at my struts on the enclave was 100$. I went to gm thinkin it was great service and reliable cars. I was at dodge and the way I was treated was awesome. What a difference. They have a huge leg up on gm customer service and they bend over backwards to make it work. Goodbye buick. Too bad because it was a beautiful car.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
I am sorry to read about your frustrations with your Enclave and Buick services. Good luck and enjoyment with your new Durango Citadel. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
joshohygosh said:
Ok well just an update. I after 2 an half years and almost 4 grand in repairs and tons of headaches and stress. I gave up and traded it in for a dodge durango citadel hemi 5.7 loaded . I use to have a Durango and never had any problems except brake pads and basic crap. But 4 years of dependability . And one time check engine light came on dodge was awesome. Checked for free and fixed in hour for 120 bucks parts and labor. Egr valve or something. Just to look at my struts on the enclave was 100$. I went to gm thinkin it was great service and reliable cars. I was at dodge and the way I was treated was awesome. What a difference. They have a huge leg up on gm customer service and they bend over backwards to make it work. Goodbye buick. Too bad because it was a beautiful car.
Hi joshohygosh,

We're sorry to learn this experience went unresolved and you chose to trade in your Enclave for another manufacturer's vehicle. General Motors relies heavily on customer loyalty and we hope to one day earn your business again.

All the best,
Amber N.
Buick Customer Care

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've had the same issue for months and the dealer has repeatedly said "just ignore it". Will someone in Customer Service please contact me?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hopefully this helps. I finally had my Enclave quit on me in the middle of the road after months of getting the error. Sent it back to the same dealer and they found the issue. A shorting Throttle Body connector. Replaced the whole unit and flushed the fuel system and it now runs with new life. I'm upset at the repeated cost, but glad it is working again.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Well it sounds as if nobody was injured when it finally succumbed to its defective parts. Thankfully you got it to the side safely. :beer:

·
Registered
561 Posts
And as usual, Buick Customer Service is sorry to hear about the bad experience Josh had. It would be nice to hear from them when they actually come up with solutions to various problems related to these fine vehicles. After all, Brand loyalty starts with current owners. One bad review from friends and family can equal 5 lost sales. I was hoping that the new GM took some lessons from the old GM.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I having a similar issue. the traction control is always off and once i press on the brakes i hear grinding, front pass tire shakes and steering wheel shakes. I took everywhere and all the mechanics say there's nothing wrong with the brakes or sensors. i don't know what to do because im scared to drive for fear i will cause an accident. has anyone else had this issue and how did you fix it.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Got the trio of messages on the way home last night, so I know the Mass air flow sensor is bad(1 week old). I got home and the water came pouring out. I did the modification, cleaned the throttle body, cleaned out the snorkel, and cleaned the MAF. I let them all sit disconnected overnight. I dried out the snorkel, dried the MAF , put it all back together and drove to work, in the high 20s. I got the Stabilitrack /Traction control messages and Check Engine light. I got to work, the MIL code was lean Bank a and B. I am going to Autozone for a new MAF. All indications were no milkshake in the snorkel but I will take it apart when I get to Autozone to swap the MAF. Keeping my fingers crossed here that this will solve all my (our) problems. Update at say 10pm.
Took the snorkel off to replace the MAF, and so far I could not find a hint of a milkshake, or moisture. So far so good, but I will not be celebrating until it passes the cold weather test. The next couple of days should tell. The PCV barb was clogged up good, I had to use a small drill bit to auger out the crud, I was able to see through it when I re installed it. BTW I just passes the 157,000 mile mark, hopefully another 157,000 to go.

Re: Service traction control and stabiltrak and ck engine light
« Reply #129 on: Today at 05:02:05 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote Modify messageModify Remove messageRemove
So far the modification is working. I found only one tiny drop of moisture in the snorkel, temperatures in the single digits and teens. I must have damaged the connector lock to the barb when I removed it and it did pop off once. I got a rough idle and service stabilitrack, traction control, along with a new code, P0106. Manifold absolute pressure/BARO sensor Range/Performance. The tube was loose.
I went to the dealer and picked up a new one. The new one is insulated so I recommend replacing it when you do the Mod. $20.00..

Report to moderator 155.91.45.231

·
Registered
14 Posts
So Tommy a Buick Service Tech told me he sees this all the time. This is what he told us to do. Replace throttle body, replace with a modified PCV Valve (enlarge the holes in the PCV valve, hose side to 7/64hs and the engine side both holes to 5/64ths), replace the MAP sensor. So far can't find the location for it. Where it is on older models it has a Vapor Canister Purge Solenoid. Clean AIR flow Sensor. After installation and cleaning follow the learning procedure for the Throttle Idle sensor to the EMC.

1) Start engine and let idle for three minutes
After three minutes, the PCM Starts to learn the idle patterns and begins to adjust the idle speed. The engine should begin to slow down to almost normal.
2) When that happens turn off engine for one minute, then restart the engine and allow it to idle for three minutes. At the end of the second three minute cycle the idle should be normal.
3) If the engine does not idle properly after the relearn procedure, drive the vehicle above 44 mph, then decelerate and accelerate several times, allowing it to idle in between. Stop the vehicles and turn the engine off for one minute. The engine should now idle normally.
4) Clear all codes that may be appeared.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts