EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having these issues pop up too when the brake is not engaged. It started in March when the ebrake WAS engaged on a slight incline. It has been coming on since then just randomly while sitting in park. It came on this morning while driving down the highway. It turned off my cruise and jerked like it was going to stop. It did not come to a complete stop but still scary.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Make sure the brake fluid in the reservoir is full.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same thing happened to us while driving through Oregon. A lady behind us was honking at us. We pulled over to find out what was up. She told us that our brake lights were on. Were we riding the brakes? or the emergency brake was engaged, or what? I thought it was the brake actuator, replaced that, didn’t solve the problem. I finally discovered that the brake pedal was slightly depressed downward, and did not return all the way to the top resting position. So I bought a $0.35 spring, attached it to some under-the-dash molding, and clipped it to the brake pedal bar, pulling it upward just enough to turn off the brake lights. Voila! Cruise control back to normal, and the stabilitrak light went off. 10,000 miles later still no problems. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Check and see if your main fuse/relay box is screwed down tight. It's under the hood on the passenger side. Pop the cover off and use a Phillips screwdriver. There are two screws. Don't over tighten, just see if they need snugged up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts