EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I am almost certain that these stains/spots were not on our Enclave when we got it. I went over everything with a fine tooth comb. I noticed the "stains/spots" on the lower front cladding when washing her for the first time last weekend. I couldn't get them to come off with soap and it almost appears they are into the finish, but that doesn't seem right. Could it be from oil on the road or something else? Maybe it was there to start with and I didn't notice it. Any insight would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
It looks like an oily stain to me. Try some Meguiar's paint cleaner (not the right name, but I don't remember what they changed the name to; I'll check tonight when I get home from work) and see if it will come off. Then get a good coat of wax on the cladding so it won't adhere to the finish as easily. I've also found that using a Quick Detailer spray a couple of times a week helps keep dirt from sticking to the car so easily.

I was actually right - the complete name is Meguiar's Deep Crystal System Paint Cleaner. It's pretty good stuff for removing these types of stains from the paint.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks BadAV....and it is safe for the finish on the plastic cladding?

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
ccaats said:
Thanks BadAV....and it is safe for the finish on the plastic cladding?
I've never had a problem using it. It's not very abrasive, it just seems to take the soil off very well. I used a little tonight after I washed our Civic; I noticed it had some paint or rubber on the front fender edge. Whatever it was came right off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok so I realize that this is a very old post but I just bought a 08 Enclave and also have the same spots/stains on my lower bumper. I also saw another one at the dealer today that also had it with significantly less miles. They both just happen to be Platnum. Any suggestions or remedies?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts