EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday morning my car wouldn't start up at all, when I turn the key all the lights on the dash worked all the lights in the vehicle work but it just would not start the engine. It made no ticking sound or any sound at all when i tried to start it. Now when I went outside to check on it (which is the next day) it started right up like nothing happened.
Is it the starter? Is a corrosion?

·
Registered
142 Posts
If it’s a mechanical shifter, I have unstuck a neutral safety switch just by moving it through the gears a few times. If it is electronic I’m not sure if the switch is mechanical or electronic.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm having a similar issue I was just about to post about. I have a 2010 Enclave. I've started noticing it was turning over longer than usual and not cranking immediately. It sounded like it was dragging a little so I had it check out. The dealer told me I had a bad battery and replaced it. Once I got the car back, it still seemed like it was turning over long than it should.

Well this past week, my wife said the car wouldn't start at all. She finally got it to start and got it home. I've been messing with it the last few nights. A few times it will turn over and crank. Then sometimes it won't turn over at all. I will hear a single click, the dash lights go out for a second like it's starting up and the gauges do their little reset/test. I tried turning the key again and still nothing. I'd wait a few minutes, then it cranks again. So I thought it might be the starter.

Next day I tried the same thing, but it almost seemed like I could get it to act up if I turned the ignition really quick/hard. If I gave it a slower turn, it would turnover and crank. Maybe it was coincidence. I then started thinking it might be ignition. I tried it one final time tonight and while it was dragging on start up, it would start eventually.

What does this sound like? Starter? Ignition? How much do each of those typically cost to replace? I'm trying to hang onto this car one more year, but I'm really getting tired of sinking money into it.

Can anyone provide tips or suggestions?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts