EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When exiting the vehicle and pushing the exit button on the drivers door, the steering wheel will not retract all the way to the dash. It will retract about 2/3 of the way. I have to push the exit button on the door about 4 times to fully retract the steering wheel. Is this what other owners are experiencing? Is this scenario "normal"?

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have never used the exit feature so can't comment but when I use my memory function after my S.O. has been driving my tilt wheel will not go up all the way. I have it set as high as it will go but have to move switch to move it higher.

·
Registered
71 Posts
One of my pet complaints. The exit button, or it you have it programmed to activate the exit button when the key is removed, only moves the seat part of the way and the steering wheel in part of the way. As far as I can tell there is not to program the exit button. I simply gave up and use position 1 for my drive position and position 2 for my exit position. IMO the exit button isn't worth anything.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I agree. I quit using the "easy exit" feature also because the steering wheel does not retract far enough. I was hoping someone knew of a way to change that???

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
I don't use the exit feature as it is too slow to me. I don't want to wait that long to get out...Just seems impractical to me...a feature that I don't use.

·
Registered
644 Posts
bsox said:
I don't use the exit feature as it is too slow to me. I don't want to wait that long to get out...Just seems impractical to me...a feature that I don't use.
I've heard of lots of adjustment problems with this feature; I mainly am going with it to get the articulating headlamps. Bsox, how do you like the lights? On the winding, deer laden road leading to our property they sound terrific.

BB

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
blurrybill said:
I've heard of lots of adjustment problems with this feature; I mainly am going with it to get the articulating headlamps. Bsox, how do you like the lights? On the winding, deer laden road leading to our property they sound terrific.

BB
BB,

I really like them, but I am afraid to admit that it is more likely due to the "cool gadget" feeling rather than functionality. I think they articulate about 15 degrees only, they may help some, but I don't know how much. I will tell you though that they are great lights, the low beams are so bright that I almost never even use the brights as I never feel like I can't see well. The lights are really fun to watch when you start it up as they move side to side. It is hard to know what to watch the lights or the gauge sweep. :thumb: ;D ( I do feel bad for oncoming traffic, I get flashed a lot as they think I have my brights on, they must look really bright to them).

·
Registered
644 Posts
bsox said:
BB,

I really like them, but I am afraid to admit that it is more likely due to the "cool gadget" feeling rather than functionality. I think they articulate about 15 degrees only, they may help some, but I don't know how much. I will tell you though that they are great lights, the low beams are so bright that I almost never even use the brights as I never feel like I can't see well. The lights are really fun to watch when you start it up as they move side to side. It is hard to know what to watch the lights or the gauge sweep. :thumb: ;D ( I do feel bad for oncoming traffic, I get flashed a lot as they think I have my brights on, they must look really bright to them).
How many curves do you negotiate to and from home. We have so many deer here, I'm hoping we'll at least be able to avoid some on the curvey roads on the way home. 15 degrees on the inboard side is really pretty good, so it will be fun to see. My night vision isn't the greatest, so the HIDs themselves will be huge for me. Thanks for the input.

BB

1 - 8 of 8 Posts